Thursday, October 29, 2009
Ok...I declare this the beginning of our journey
"O.K. God, are you serious?" The past eleven months has been an adjustment with two kids. Four months ago, I would have said, "Two children is all I can handle." After watching several adoption "gotcha day" videos, seeing a friend adopt, and learning about the tremendous need in Africa and around the world, my heart is aching to rescue the orphans of the world. I truly believe the Lord is leading my husband and I to adopt one of these 147 million orphans. My husband, Dee, has had a heart for adoption for sometime now. He has shown me that adoption is a way to mirror the gospel. We were once orphans and the Lord rescued us and gave us full rights as sons and daughters through Jesus Christ. For the past couple of years, I have been too practical to think about adopting, but the Lord is definitely changing my heart. I am still overwhelmed with two children and my house is always a mess, but having a perfectly ordered house does not bring true satisfaction and fulfillment. Knowing the heart of God is what life is all about. He brings beauty out of chaos. If you are reading this and you do not know this savior. This all might seem crazy to you. Sometimes, when I think about adopting, I think I am crazy. But since the Holy Spirit has pierced my heart, I am compelled to love. "The love of Christ passes knowledge." (from the song "Lord dissolve my frozen heart") I don't know what this journey will bring, but this is all in God's perfect timing.
Labels:
adoption,
Sanctification
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY!!! I will be your commenter for awhile;). I am praying for you and your family every step of the way...and you know we are behind your family 110%!
ReplyDeleteHi Melissa! My name is Mandi and I live in Cartersville, GA. I read your comment on the Mayernick blog, about how no one else near you is adopting from Africa. Then I read your posts. I'm smiling ear to ear, because so many of your thoughts/feelings are mine. I'm cracking up at the title of your 1st post, that'll probably be mine. Just this past weekend, my husband and I declared the same thing. Maybe we're the 1st in our close circles, because we're just the next link in the chain to others' hearts being called to answer the call to love the Orphans. We are lead to Uganda, b/c of Katie's blog and others. God is absolutely moving supernaturally among us, aligning us for this time with HIS heart. I'm so thankful and ready to take this adventure with Him, BIG adventure, I have 3 bio kids and have thought I was crazy. And I am a little, but I think that's just what God wants . . a little CRAZY LOVE.
ReplyDeleteHi Melissa! My name is Bobi Bobbitt and I live in the small town of Edenton, NC with my husband and our three sons, ages 10, 6, and 2. Just recently adoption became very heavy on my heart and through adoption blogs, "Gotcha Day" videos, scripture, and the words of others, we feel that God is calling us to adopt a little girl from Ethiopia! It is very scary and I feel a bit discouraged at times! It is so encouraging to read your blog and those of other Christian women who are setting out on this adventure! We do not know anyone in our area who has adopted from Africa, but know that if this is truly God's calling on our life, He will provide for us and work out all the "what if's" and uncertainties we have! Your first blog entry sounds so much like me! I think we have alot in common and this is comforting to know there are others out there who feel the same as I do! I will keep in touch! We have not yet taken any first steps in this process, but pray that in God's perfect timing we will know when to begin this adventure with Him!!! God bless your precious family! bobi
ReplyDelete