Last night was full of fun and fellowship with families who have adopted or are interested in African adoptions in the Atlanta area. It was nice to be out and about and not have anyone stare at us because our family looks different than your typical American family, because almost every family there looked like ours! How refreshing to hear about others struggles and victories in their adoption journey and to meet lots of new faces since our last dinner in October. We missed the December celebration, because we were in Uganda.
Last year, I only new a handful of people who had adopted from Africa, this year I cannnot count the number of families who are in the process of bringing their children home. So neat to see God work in the hearts of those around us! Even this afternoon, at Henry's first spring soccer game, a mom told me that she has had adoption on her mind for a long time and maybe seeing our family was a sign for her to start the process. So cool!
Even though I don't enjoy the looks of shock and confusion we get at every restraunt, every park, and I guess just about every public place we go...I have to remember that our family is a voice for all the orphans around the world and a testimony to his grace in our lives...maybe just one family will feel moved to adopt, and ultimately understand their sonship in Christ.
So blessed to be among these families who have a passion for orphans...
and all of our kiddos..at least the ones who would sit still, with Mr. Silas in the front..he is too cute!
almost forgot to add this cute picture with some of the Crazies...So good to be with Hannah and Joseph again...
Can't wait until our next fellowship dinner...two hours was way too short to hang out with these amazing families!!
Last year, I only new a handful of people who had adopted from Africa, this year I cannnot count the number of families who are in the process of bringing their children home. So neat to see God work in the hearts of those around us! Even this afternoon, at Henry's first spring soccer game, a mom told me that she has had adoption on her mind for a long time and maybe seeing our family was a sign for her to start the process. So cool!
Even though I don't enjoy the looks of shock and confusion we get at every restraunt, every park, and I guess just about every public place we go...I have to remember that our family is a voice for all the orphans around the world and a testimony to his grace in our lives...maybe just one family will feel moved to adopt, and ultimately understand their sonship in Christ.
So blessed to be among these families who have a passion for orphans...
and all of our kiddos..at least the ones who would sit still, with Mr. Silas in the front..he is too cute!
almost forgot to add this cute picture with some of the Crazies...So good to be with Hannah and Joseph again...
Can't wait until our next fellowship dinner...two hours was way too short to hang out with these amazing families!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your encouraging words!