Thursday, February 24, 2011

First Hair Cut

A friend from the YMCA has been so excited about Charles Tucker joining our family that she a has really taken care of me by bringing me hair products and then last week she brought me a brush. But, all I could think about was, why do I need to brush his hair?? It is so short and always stays in the same place. But, maybe she is telling me I am not doing something right with his hair?? So I decided to ask another African American friend about his hair. Well, to make a long story short, she told me his hair looked "nappy"..... Well, I guess it is time to get a hair cut!! I thought his little circles of hair looked cute, but obviously it is not acceptable. Little do I know...



So.. we headed to the local barber shop...

When we walked in and tried to get Charles Tucker to sit in the chair, he clug to me pretty tight, so I realized this might be a little more difficult, than I realized. But, Isha said, "Oh, let him sit in your lap." Perfect, what a great idea!! Mary Taylor sat in the chair beside us, then Isha went next door to the gas station and came back with suckers for the kids! Wow! She knows is good! Relief...now both kids are set for Charles Tucker's first hair cut. He was a little apprehensive about the razor, but soon he realized what it was and seemed to understand and remember this from his babies home. About ten minutes later, Charles Tucker had a fresh new cut!!
                                                                           (iphone)


Ten dollars and Ten minutes later we have a new dew!!! This is easy, I can do this!! One step at a time....

 After I got his hair cut, I read on Kristi Johnston's blog about African-American hair care and realized that these little balls of hair are a big No, No! Opps.... I am learning...I guess it's time to use our new brush!

6 comments:

  1. i wish neema's hair was that easy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so precious!!! I like his hair both ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm gonna need some help. take notes sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucker is so beautiful! He looks great.
    Love you all, Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!