Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tucker and Taylor date day!

Often my husband only spends time one-on-one with our oldest, Henry, because the "babies," as we call them still take afternoon naps. So Henry often gets daddies undivided attention more often than the others. And Charles Tucker needs lots of individual attention from daddy after he gets home from work, especially after a hard day with two crazy simblings bugging him and a mommy who is often emotionally done by 7:00 pm. So today was the day for the first official Daddy/Daughter date. We had been talking it up for the past three days, so she really seemed to get it. When ever we asked her if she was excited about her big day, she would say, "No Tucker? No Henry? Mommy stay here?" "Yes, TayTay, just you and daddy." And she was excited to wear her new Cinderella dress for her special day! Here she is in her car seat getting ready to leave....

For got to take a picture with just her and daddy, so I went to look for one in our pictures from the last several months, and I could not find one with just the two of them, so there really is always another simbling close by. Which is good and normal, but this time was much needed. They went to Chickfila, the park and then to
Richards Variety store to buy a toy. I am sure she was on cloud nine with all that attention.

Earlier today I dropped Henry off at sports camp, so the rest of the morning was just Charles Tucker and I. He was a little upset when she had the privilage of going with daddy...but he soon cheered up when I told him we were going to do a Mommy/Son date. He called it, "Tucker son date." I don't think I have had undivided attention without Mary Taylor or Henry around since we have been home from Africa. What a special time that hour and half was for us. We made lunch, brownies, sang songs, and read books. He just loved getting undivided attention from mommy. Need to do that more often. Here is a video of him during our fun time together...


Happy Thursday!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious kiddos and great idea!! I would love to get the kids (and us) together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Melissa, his language has exploded!!! So fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture on the right is a face I make a lot. Love Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just too precious! Love your new picture at the top of the kids on the beach, such a sweet family you have, Melissa!!! Hope to see you in January!! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!