Saturday, September 24, 2011

Martha Jane's Airport Homecoming!

Yesterday, we welcomed home the Gilbert family with precious Martha Jane from Uganda. Driving to the airport brought back a stream of emotions I remember feeling when I got off the plane with Charles Tucker on December 31, 2010, nearly nine months ago. I was exhausted from traveling with a two year old who screamed everytime the flight attendants made him wear his seat belt, but so freaken excited about seeing my children and husband who had returned two weeks prior. Then walking off the plane to see a sea of friends and family waiting to hug our necks and welcome us home...which ranks upon the top ten most wonderful moments of my life! Like Jane said at our airport homecoming, it is a glimpse of the wonderful consumation we will experience once we get to heaven and see Christ's face and not have to face the pain and suffering of this world ever again! Oh..what a day it will be! He will welcome us with loving arms just because we are his son or daughter, not for who we are, but because of who Christ is. Such a taste of eternity to bring an orphan into a family and then to be greated with loving arms from an amazing body of Christ...beautiful!!



Teddy and Hannah were some of the first to arrive...

Teddy got a little restless and kept trying to run off...so Dee gave him his iphone to watch cartoons on...isn't he precious! (Hannah, I hope you found yours in your car?!)

And little Kenser made herself happy by pulling off all the shinny things on Martha Jane's poster...I think she though they were stickers, which she is obsessed with...


Lium(sp?) and Caroline paitently waiting for Martha Jane to arrive...

Oliver and Mary Stuart playing on the floor to pass the time....

And this little girl name Blair is reading Oliver a story...how precious is this?

Some kids are not so entertained like little Miss Georgia who decides to take a nap on Martha Jane's poster, such a goof ball!

And then these two little ones are pretty fried and daddy is even more having to entertain them while I pretend to be photographer....

Carson and baby Issac waiting for baby Martha to arrive, along with some eager kiddos...

It was indeed a beautiful scene as Jane came running to hug our necks as she cryed seeing her parents and other special people she had missed for the last four weeks, along with wide eyed Martha Jane on her hip as she took in all the new sights and sounds. She was probably shocked to see so many muzungos (white people)!! She is quite a ham, laughing and smiling the minute she met everyone! Too cute!





Back in December when we were in Uganda, I had the privilage of loving on Martha Jane, because she lived in Charles Tucker's same baby home. She was so tiny back then, but I just remember her beautiful little face. At the time, I didn't know she would become Terrell and Jane's daughter...so cool to look back and to think of all the mamas who took care of her in the babies home. I know some of you read my blog, so thank you Agnus, Victor, Sara, Francis, Miriam, Martha, Dora, Brenda, Samuel and I know I am forgetting so many caretakers, but thank you all for loving on Martha Jane and Charles Tucker while they lived with you!! You will always be apart of our lives!! Both of our families are planning on taking a trip back in about five to ten years, right Gilberts?? I know I know you need to get over jet leg to think about that!









I am just thrilled for the Gilberts to be back in town, we have desperately missed them!! I can't count on my hands and toes how many times Henry asked to go play with Chad...you guys were definitely missed! And Jane we have so much catching up to do, I can't wait to hear everything! But, for now I hope you guys are getting some much needed rest and enjoying being a family of 5!

Such a reminder of God's never giving up, unfailing, redeeming love!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your pictures and commentary of their arrival back home. You should seriously be a reporter and photographer for all the families returning! I am so excited that they are home safely and Martha Jane is so beautiful. How fun to have a friend close by who has also adopted from Uganda!!

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to see another baby come home! And, um, hi, Caroline! I know that face!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!