Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday

Charles Tucker!! Hard to believe it is has been a year since we skyped with you during your 2nd birthday party at the babies home. We even had a party in honor of you! Remember watching this video in Uganda? (pause the music at the bottom of the page)


You can read about the rest of our party Here.

These are some pictures our sweet friends took for us during your birthday party. As I think back on this picture a year ago, I thought you were just so precious in this picture, but knowing you now, I know you were not comfortable sitting in this chair. You were scared and nervous, but wanting to have fun, just not knowing how to do it. I can't wait to see you at your 3rd birthday party tomorrow! But, oh, how wonderful the "mamas" were to throw each of the children in the home a birthday party with cake, decorations, and music! A pretty special place!

These were two of your favorite friends at the babies home, Miriam and Benjamin, who had the privilage of sitting at the birthday table with you. I know both babies left you during the next couple of months while you were still there. I always wondered if it made you sad to loose your friends, or was this just another loss that seemed to come your way.

How cute were you to eat so much birthday cake! Knowing what I know now, this perfectly fits your personality! You are a good eater compared to Henry and Mary Taylor, but your favorites are still french fries, cake, and anything else sugar, you became an American real fast! Look and they even had "Kickamouse" (micky mouse) birthday plates...how did they know you would grow to love "kickamouse?"
 
And now licking your fingers, that's my boy!

Thank you to Miriam's mother for filming his special day...we will always treasure this!!!
(pause music at the bottom of the page)

So tomorrow we will celebrate his 3rd birthday, but first birthday with our family! What a special day this will be! In so many ways Charles Tucker mimics things that his brother and sister do such as the way they play, what they say, and even the things they like. All this is natural and healthy, considering he is learning so much about being a brother, son, and a friend to others. But, one opinion he did have was to have a Thomas the Train birthday! He has been talking about it for weeks, especially since we picked out his plates, napkins, hats, and balloons at the party store a couple of weeks ago. We spent so much time talking about Henry's Star Wars party all summer (which I still have not blogged about), that often he did not understand why Henry got all the special things. So after his party was over, the whole month of September we have been talking about Charles Tucker's birthday!

Well, I have to do three reasons why we love you, buddy!

1. You have such a big his heart toward other people. You are the most loving child I have ever met! Always  sometimes willing to share, but always defending your sister and making sure she is taken care of. You give the best hugs!

2. What soft skin God has blessed you with!! And we love your "hammer head!" You have the cutest voice and laugh I have ever heard!!

3. I love you just because your my son and God has lovingly placed you in our family to teach us how to love unconditionally. What a gift you are!

I guess that was more than three, but I could not help it!!!


Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3

Happy Birthday Tuckbuduck!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet Charles Tucker!!! It has been a blessing to watch you grow over the last 9 months! You have changed so much!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Naomi and family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!