Yesterday, September 25th was Charles Tucker's birthday. We were out of town at a wedding all weekend, so I am just getting around to posting about his birthday celebration we had at our house and about the celebration in Ug*nda.
Last Wednesday, Henry and I made him a blue and red cake with batman cars on top. We celebrated that night and video taped it. Well during the course of the night it was deleted by Henry himself...so the next morning before we Skyped with C.T. we had another celebration with the half eaten cake. My sweet friends at the babies home will hopefully show it to him soon. Here is the video we recorded:
(Remember to pause my music at the bottom of the screen.)
About 10 minutes after we recorded this on Thursday, my sweet friends already in Ug*nda to pick up their babies, set up Skype for us during C.T.'s birthday party. We had never Skyped before...so it was a really cool experience. And because it was 4,000 miles away, it was a little fuzzy...but still amazing to see C.T. in real life!! What an amazing gift from the Lord!
Leading up to the Skype...I think Satan in all his power, which is not that strong by the way, was trying to keep us from being able to Skype. On Wednesday, when I was trying to set up Skype for the first time, for some reason my computer would not download it. So I asked my husband to bring his computer home so we could set up Skype on his. Well, we had everything working, but the next day, his computer would not turn on for some reason. I was thinking, Lord this is just not meant to be. This all happened twenty minutes before we were suppose to Skype at 9:00 a.m. (4:00 p.m. Ug*ndan time). Then I decided to open up my computer and try it again. This time I got Dee to set up an account....and it worked with a minute to spare! "Thank you Jesus!" is what I said when I looked at the clock! It was very stressful, but the Lord had a plan and he wanted to be glorified through it.
About ten more minutes later, the birthday party started!! The babies home had the whole nine yards...birthday cake, decorations, music, Fanta, birthday hats....Charles Tucker sat there the whole time eating his two pieces of cake and drinking his Fanta, he did not make a sound or ask to get down one time. Wow! So different than what I am use to. Every once in a while, he would look straight at us and wave! It was precious! We were able to watch the whole party for about thirty minutes. Henry and Mary Taylor sat there and watched him as well. It was really special to be able to see his second birthday! What an incredible blessing!!
We have several more pictures of his face, but those will have to wait until we get Legal Guardianship of him. We also recorded most of the Skype with our video recorder...what a neat memory to be able to share with him someday!
Thank you so much to everyone who was involved in Ug*nda to make this happen!! Our family is truly grateful to you!! Can't wait to come over and give you all a hug in person!!
Happy Birthday precious boy! We already love you so much and we can't wait for you to be in our family. We can't wait to teach you how to run around the house naked after bath time, we can't wait to cuddle with you on the couch and read books. Henry can't wait to play super heroes with you and Mary Taylor can't wait to have someone her own age. Whenever M.T. see's your pictures she says, "Cha Tu", she loves seeing your face! You are missed everyday in our house and we long for the day you will finally be ours!! The Lord is in control of all of this waiting and his plan is so much more wonderful than anything we could ever come up with, so we continue to wait patiently and long to be with you at the most perfect time!!
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY CHARLES TUCKER!!!
Last Wednesday, Henry and I made him a blue and red cake with batman cars on top. We celebrated that night and video taped it. Well during the course of the night it was deleted by Henry himself...so the next morning before we Skyped with C.T. we had another celebration with the half eaten cake. My sweet friends at the babies home will hopefully show it to him soon. Here is the video we recorded:
(Remember to pause my music at the bottom of the screen.)
About 10 minutes after we recorded this on Thursday, my sweet friends already in Ug*nda to pick up their babies, set up Skype for us during C.T.'s birthday party. We had never Skyped before...so it was a really cool experience. And because it was 4,000 miles away, it was a little fuzzy...but still amazing to see C.T. in real life!! What an amazing gift from the Lord!
Leading up to the Skype...I think Satan in all his power, which is not that strong by the way, was trying to keep us from being able to Skype. On Wednesday, when I was trying to set up Skype for the first time, for some reason my computer would not download it. So I asked my husband to bring his computer home so we could set up Skype on his. Well, we had everything working, but the next day, his computer would not turn on for some reason. I was thinking, Lord this is just not meant to be. This all happened twenty minutes before we were suppose to Skype at 9:00 a.m. (4:00 p.m. Ug*ndan time). Then I decided to open up my computer and try it again. This time I got Dee to set up an account....and it worked with a minute to spare! "Thank you Jesus!" is what I said when I looked at the clock! It was very stressful, but the Lord had a plan and he wanted to be glorified through it.
About ten more minutes later, the birthday party started!! The babies home had the whole nine yards...birthday cake, decorations, music, Fanta, birthday hats....Charles Tucker sat there the whole time eating his two pieces of cake and drinking his Fanta, he did not make a sound or ask to get down one time. Wow! So different than what I am use to. Every once in a while, he would look straight at us and wave! It was precious! We were able to watch the whole party for about thirty minutes. Henry and Mary Taylor sat there and watched him as well. It was really special to be able to see his second birthday! What an incredible blessing!!
We have several more pictures of his face, but those will have to wait until we get Legal Guardianship of him. We also recorded most of the Skype with our video recorder...what a neat memory to be able to share with him someday!
Thank you so much to everyone who was involved in Ug*nda to make this happen!! Our family is truly grateful to you!! Can't wait to come over and give you all a hug in person!!
Happy Birthday precious boy! We already love you so much and we can't wait for you to be in our family. We can't wait to teach you how to run around the house naked after bath time, we can't wait to cuddle with you on the couch and read books. Henry can't wait to play super heroes with you and Mary Taylor can't wait to have someone her own age. Whenever M.T. see's your pictures she says, "Cha Tu", she loves seeing your face! You are missed everyday in our house and we long for the day you will finally be ours!! The Lord is in control of all of this waiting and his plan is so much more wonderful than anything we could ever come up with, so we continue to wait patiently and long to be with you at the most perfect time!!
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY CHARLES TUCKER!!!
OH this is so great! What an awesome blessing! And it's so great that you were able to see him in real time!! I know that must have been amazing! What a great memory this will be for the whole family.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! What an amazing gift this is to you, your family and some day to CT. Amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteSOOOO sweet! Sitting here in tears with the SWEETNESS!!! Oh I can't WAIT for your baby to be home!!!! Love you Debards!
ReplyDelete:-) what a sweet story... it's so amazing what technology can enable us to do now, eh? I love that you could see such a special time for him... so sweet...
ReplyDeletehappy birthday, charles tucker! he is such a precious boy. have y'all heard anything about when you should find out a court date?
ReplyDeletewow. so glad to have found your blog. and so thankful to hear your thoughts and prayers about this time coming soon with Charles Tucker!
ReplyDelete