Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Update on Charles Tucker...birthday...skype!

Yes, this is my second post for the day...

About a week ago our agency sent us more pictures of Charles Tucker and some details about him.

*Now days he likes food and he enjoys it.
*He likes riding the bikes and the swings
*He responds to aunties call and does what he's told
*He likes singing baby Jesus, I love you
*His attitude has changed. He used to be so emotional and moody, crying a lot but now days he does not do that and is friendlier with other children and adults.
*He enjoys to play both with fellow children and adults
*He weighs 10.5 kgs (23.1 lbs) -8th percentile
*He is 79.5 cm (31 in.) tall-7th percentile

Before he came to the babies home he was not even on the charts as far as weight and height go, but now he is 7th and 8th percentile, that is definitely progress!

Wish I could post the pictures, but our agency wants to protect the children until we have legal guardianship! Believe me he is really cute!!

There are several families over at our babies home waiting for the rulings from the Ugandan courts, so they will be able bring their children home. I have been in contact with them and they have been loving on sweet C.T. I am so thank for you Aly, Tori, and Michelle!!

Charles Tucker will be 2 years old this weekend!! We plan on celebrating his birthday tonight and filming it. Henry and I are about to make his superhero cake...Henry's choice of course.  While we celebrate, we are going to film it and get to say hello to C.T. Then I will email it to my friends who are at the babies home. Then on his birthday they will show him our video!! How cool is that???

Well, you know what? It gets even better than that! Today, one of the families over at the babies home offered to allow us to Skype during the birthday party which is going to be tomorrow from 4-6p.m. Ugandan time, which is 9-11 a.m. Atlanta time. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it! I just hope everything works right with my computer. Right now I cannot get Skype downloaded, it is having problems. I think my husband will bring his computer home, so we should be o.k. Please pray that it works and we get the chance to visit with Charles Tucker through Skype!!! Technology is amazing!!

 O.K., I am off to bake a super hero cake!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so excited for ya'll!! Getting to skype with him during his birthday party!! How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so awesome that you will be able to skype with your little one!! I hope it all works out and just a tip: (You might want to video tape your skype conversation so you don't forget it). It's so great that he will get to see you guys celebrating his birthday! And that's something you can keep forever and he can look back on it. YOu must be soooo excited!! Happy Birthday Charles Tucker!!! I bet he is growing fast and is as cute as ever in his new pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!