I am having one of those restless sleepless nights, but its O.K. because the past several nights I have slept soundly. I can't help but wonder maybe the Lord had me wake up and not be able to go back to sleep this morning so I could pray for the three families who have court dates this morning in Ug*nda, happening... about now. So before I really got out of the bed to get on the computer, I said a prayer for these amazing families who are anxiously waiting the verdict of hopefully getting legal guardianship of their children. A couple of these families have been waiting 8 months to travel to Ug*nda to meet their children...perspective check...I have only been waiting 2 and half months, which seems like an eternity. So these families probably feel like a dream is being fulfilled, one that has felt so far away for so long...but the Lord's heart is for orphans to have families! So we can have hope that we will be with our children soon too! So excited for these families who are with their children in Ug*nda!! Yea!! I just can't believe it!!! This gives me so much hope!!
What an exciting and nervous time...I can only imagine what they are feeling. I prayed that the judges would show up and things would go smoothly. One family really wanted to dress their little girl in special dress they had picked out for her, but because the child has to go in a separate car with the babies home care takers, she was nervous the traffic would be slow and their little girl would show up too late to put it on. I love that this mama wants her to wear something special, something picked especially for her. This little girl probably has never had something of her very own...I know the Lord cares about the little things, so I prayed that this precious girl has on her special dress for the big day. I prayed the Lord's will would be done in each of these families and they would have an overwhelming peace of the judges decision, even if they have to be rescheduled. ): And if they have to be rescheduled, then their child cannot come stay with them yet, but the child has to stay in the babies home a little while longer. Yes, the parents can still spend as much time as they want in the babies home with their child, but they cannot take them out of the babies home quite yet. But, if the judge rules favorable today, these three orphans will be united with their new families to start the process of getting a visa to leave Uganda! Wahoo!! ......The process of getting a visa can take a couple weeks or more, so that is why we are planning on staying in Ug*nda for four to six weeks, but hopefully it will be shorter, but TIA (This is Africa).
Did you know that Ug*nda is a very beautiful country in Africa, located on the Nile River. A large part of the country is covered by Lake Victoria.
Ug*nda is also located on the Equator...which means it has very tropical climate.
It is also filled with amazing mountains and lush valleys.
The Nile River...
Queen Elisabeth National Park in Western Ug*nda...
So when you are praying for these families today, you will know where they are!!
Can't wait to let you know how the Lord worked today in Ug*nda!
"What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him"
I Corinthians 2:9
What an exciting and nervous time...I can only imagine what they are feeling. I prayed that the judges would show up and things would go smoothly. One family really wanted to dress their little girl in special dress they had picked out for her, but because the child has to go in a separate car with the babies home care takers, she was nervous the traffic would be slow and their little girl would show up too late to put it on. I love that this mama wants her to wear something special, something picked especially for her. This little girl probably has never had something of her very own...I know the Lord cares about the little things, so I prayed that this precious girl has on her special dress for the big day. I prayed the Lord's will would be done in each of these families and they would have an overwhelming peace of the judges decision, even if they have to be rescheduled. ): And if they have to be rescheduled, then their child cannot come stay with them yet, but the child has to stay in the babies home a little while longer. Yes, the parents can still spend as much time as they want in the babies home with their child, but they cannot take them out of the babies home quite yet. But, if the judge rules favorable today, these three orphans will be united with their new families to start the process of getting a visa to leave Uganda! Wahoo!! ......The process of getting a visa can take a couple weeks or more, so that is why we are planning on staying in Ug*nda for four to six weeks, but hopefully it will be shorter, but TIA (This is Africa).
Did you know that Ug*nda is a very beautiful country in Africa, located on the Nile River. A large part of the country is covered by Lake Victoria.
Ug*nda is also located on the Equator...which means it has very tropical climate.
It is also filled with amazing mountains and lush valleys.
The Nile River...
Queen Elisabeth National Park in Western Ug*nda...
So when you are praying for these families today, you will know where they are!!
Can't wait to let you know how the Lord worked today in Ug*nda!
"What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him"
I Corinthians 2:9




Praying with you for these families and their precious little ones! So true though, (TIA) We said that a lot when we were there. :)I agree Uganda is such a beautiful place!! I miss it so much!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet prayers! Your little guy is an absolute cutie! He has such a serious face but we heard him laughing today when he was playing with blocks! :)
ReplyDeletePraying with you! Have you heard anything yet? It's killing me! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, thank you thank you thank you for these sweet prayers! And YES, she got to wear her pretty dress...matching her sister, of course! Thank you, Lord!!!
ReplyDelete