Thursday, June 3, 2010

Reconnecting after all these years..

On our way to the lake this past weekend we stopped by Auburn to visit a special girl that I spent time with in college through Project Uplift. "Project Uplift is an agency whose main goal is to help children develop constructive, happy lives so that the delinquency rate in our country will decrease." Sharonda found me through facebook about a month ago and asked to be my friend, but she was worried I didn't remember her. I am so glad she sent me a message and of course I remembered her! I spent two years in college getting to know her sweet and caring personality. Here are a couple of pictures of our time together at Auburn. She was about 9 or 10 when we first met.


 

Dee and I started dating in college and he also had project uplift kids along with Sharonda's brother Tae. Tae is not doing as well as Sharonda is, his circumstances got the best of him. ( sorry for all these scanned pictures...these were in my scrapbooks)


 Now Sharonda is 21 and just became a mother to precious Gabriel. She is also going to school to become a kindergarten teacher! I am very proud of her! She is beautiful inside and out! This was such a special time of reconnecting after 8 years!



Mary Taylor also enjoyed baby Gabriel as well as showing off and being silly in front of Sharonda's family. She is a little sleepy from all the action. Henry on the other hand enjoyed the cartoons with Sharonda's sister and mother.


After we left her house we headed on over to Toomers Corner for lunch and milkshakes! Then on to the lake for the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a gift to see the flower produced by a seed and watering from years ago. Bless you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, Just found your blog, and I remember Sharonda too! I remember going to pick her up for ice cream with you... so sweet, your reconnection! Love what God is doing in your life, friend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!