Thursday, December 24, 2009

We have turned a corner!

         During the last couple of weeks, my children have turned a corner, especially my three year old little boy, Henry. He is starting to really love his little sister. They are starting to play together! For the past year, Henry has been highly jealous of his new sister. I could not leave the room, because he would hit her or push her down. Yes, it has taken Henry 1 year to get use to someone else getting attention other than him. Now, Mary Taylor chases him around the house and she really enjoys being around him. Today, while they were watching a cartoon, she laid her head on Henry's shoulder. It was so cute! Henry was not too happy about this, so he moved.  But, she is not scared of him like she used to be! Her face lights up when he enters the room! This makes my life so much easier too! I can leave the room when she is awake and go do the dishes! I feel like I am cheating the system, life can't be this easy! Sometimes, Henry asks me to get Mary Taylor up from her nap so he can play with her. Crazy! About a year ago, he said, "Give her to someone else. Take her to Brook's house (a neighbor down the street)." Now that they play together, this forces them to fight over toys, but I would rather listen to the fighting from both sides, instead of just one. Maybe this is how big families survive. The older children entertain the younger. I can see how this could work!

I took these pictures the other day when Mary Taylor was eating! Just precious! This is definitely a new thing for Henry.


 Looks like she is puckered up, she is not sure about this!

 
 She's thinking about it.


Well, it's not that bad!


No, I don't like it! Stop Henry!


Well, I change my mind, I love it!


Oh, never mind! Not like that!


Maybe I should practice before he comes back again!


Oh, here he comes again!




My brother is crazy, but I love him!

***We have been accepted with Lifeline adoption agency to do our Homestudy. I am in the process of scheduling doctor's appointments and getting organized to get lots done in the next week. I am getting eager to move this thing along! The idea of our child waiting in Uganda has become more of a reality to me!


Happy Christmas Eve!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging words!