Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Generations Adoption Agency accepted us!

       We have been accepted by Generations Adoption Agency in Waco, TX. We had a phone interview/orientation yesterday and we are thrilled about moving forward! According to the time line, our Homestudy should take two months to complete and 6-8 weeks to be approved by the government. After that we, get a Referrel! So in four months we will know who our Ugandan child will be! Then we will proceed with finishing our Dossier that will be sent to the Ugandan government! Once they have accepted the Dossier, then we get a court date and we can make travel preparations to go get our child! That is the adoption process in a "nutshell".

       I have to correct a couple of things I have posted in the last couple of weeks. After talking to the adoption agent, she informed us that it would be actually 4-6 weeks in country, which is longer than what they had originally said. Take into account, their agency has not brought home any Ugandan children as of now, they will complete their first adoption this month. So we will know more after they come home. Generations gets a lot of their information from Life Line Adoption Agency, so the process should be similiar to those who have used Life Line. Another mistake that I want to correct is the actual orphanage that we will adopt from. For some reason, I thought it would be the Amani Baby Cottage, but we found out yesterday that Generations uses Loving Hearts Baby Home in Kampala. So neat to know the name of where we will get our child! It is becoming more real! Loving Hearts Baby Home was started by African Renewal Ministeries in Uganda. This new orphanage is for orphaned and abandoned babies, ages 0-3. I could not find much information about this orphanage on the internet, but when I find out more, I will post some cute Ugandan baby pictures!
Henry was hiding from me, because I was trying to take his picture!
Lets just say he is sick of me taking his picture! But, I got a pretty cute shot anyway!

**We are in the process of filling out information to start our homestudy and I am about to send off information to renew our passports! We are now praying about taking Henry with us to Uganda for the first 10-14 days, while Dee is there. Mary Taylor would stay here with our families. We think he would really benefit from experiencing another culture. I guess it all depends on money, God will provide if it is his will!

6 comments:

  1. Also adopting from Loving Hearts this summer! (through Lifeline) So fun to go through this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!! I'm so excited and thrilled for your family!!!!!!! SO EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to send me a message. So sweet and encouraging! You, too, have a precious family and I will definitely be keeping up with your adoption process. Such a blessing! Thanks again! Have a Merry Christmas!!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. The American couple that runs Loving Hearts has a blog - http://turleysinuganda.blogspot.com/ where they have posted some pictures. :) I just came across your blog today. We are very close to bringing home our little boy from Uganda. If you are on facebook there is a facebook group called Uganda Adoption if you aren't on there and want to join!

    :)

    www.sisterhaiti.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa! My husband and I also got approved for Generations early last month as well! I heard there were 7 couples in the program and I was hoping to meet one and then I found you. Are you on Facebook? I'm in the Uganda group mentioned above... it would be great to "chat" with you. I was really hoping to find someone in the same "stage" of the journey as we are with Generations...

    We have a blog as well... http://www.designingforafrica.blogspot.com

    Hope to talk with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family is looking into adopting from Uganda. We are trying to decide if we use an agency or go independent. Can you tell me how your expereinces with Generations have gone? So exciting to see others on a similiar journey! Thanks, Tiffany (markandtif@juno.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!