The water table has been the best entertainment with two children. They play together outside for thirty minutes while I make dinner.
Mary Taylor decided she wanted to sleep with Henry for naps. It was so sweet that they wanted to be together, but it did not last long. Henry kept telling me, "Bears is hitting me!" That's one of our nicknames for her. Of course he was loving her being in there with him and she thought it was great not to have to sleep in her own room. After five minutes, I put her to sleep and Henry decided to read books instead of sleep.
Then yesterday I thought I should take some pictures of Mary Taylor on her 18 month birthday, but they were being so sweet together that I just went with the moment...put my agenda aside...and I caught some great moments. This is not always easy for me, but I am always glad when I do.
Happy 18 month Birthday Mary Taylor!
Also, yesterday...the Ugandan Embassy started issuing visas again after four months! This is huge! This means that so many families get to come home, some after 17 weeks in Uganda away from their families. Hopefully there will not be too much of a backlog and things will start moving fast. This is sooooo good for us too. Now that our homestudy has been approved by the government, we are eligible to receive a referral of a child and actually get a court date too. Now that the US government is issuing visas, Ugandan children can be adopted! There has been four months of hardly any orphans in Uganda being made into sons and daughters. These children now have hope of a family again. Please pray that these visas will continue to be issued and Uganda stays open for adoptions. We can be confident that God's heart is for orphans to become part of a family!
And today, our social worker at Generations asked us to send a picture of our family so it can be placed above our child's crib that we are placed with. Crazy! We could have a child that knows who we are...So neat! Who knows when this will all happen, but it doesn't seem that far off! This is the picture I sent to her. We really don't have that many up close family pictures of us, so this edited black and white one will have to do until our next door neighbor Brad can take our pictures next weekend. I mentioned to my husband a minute ago, to come home early so maybe we could take our family picture this afternoon...but he did not like that idea...at all! What is it with men and pictures? So, I had to settle for one from last November. Oh...it is not about what we look like, it is about our child knowing that he or she has a family. My husband had to remind me of this, I get a little sidetracked sometimes.
so exciting! can't wait to meet your 3rd child. your photos are getting better and better! some of these look professional. yay!
ReplyDeleteOh, so much to write!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst, Happy 18 Months Mary Taylor!!!!!! And Melissa, the pics you took are amazing!!!! They are so cute together...I hope Carter and Virginia Grace will continue to grow in their love for each other and will play together as well as your kids. Oh, and their big blue eyes just capture my heart. :)
Praise God for Uganda issuing visas again! And I got chills thinking of your future son or daughter staring up at your family picture. Has your agency predicted when you might get a referral? Or is it too soon to tell with the reopening of adoptions? So excited for you!!!!!
Miss you and love you!
Kelley
oh how exciting! love the family pic that they'll put over your child's crib! beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMelissa,
ReplyDeleteThis is so, so exciting. I love that your child will have your picture. Also, the pics in front of your door are SO good--you are getting better everyday with that camera!
I can't believe your little boy or girl is going to know what you look like. That is so neat. Your pictures look so good. I wish I could have taken that class with you. I love the family picture. It is good of everyone. I am praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteShelley
Wow!!! I haven't heard anyone else doing that with the picture above the crib! It's such a sweet idea. Won't it be surreal when you walk into the orphanage, meet your child, and see where your family photo has been hanging for months!? It's getting me excited just thinking about it!
ReplyDeleteMelissa, what a great post! Your pics are so good & I can see that you are putting to practice all that Christine taught us!! I'm so proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteMT is getting so big and I can't believe she is now 18 months.
We can't wait to meet your new child and will continue to pray for your family and all the details of the adoption!
Yes, what a great post! So awesome to think of that picture over the crib. Girl you're photos have come a LONG way from those first ones ;). These photos are absolutely beautiful. I love how in the moment you captured their pure joy.
ReplyDeleteGirl I've finally joined the BLOG WORLD, hope you'll "follow" me. Love, Mandi
http://johnsonfamily-outoftheboat.blogspot.com/2010/06/everything-but-audiblenow-what.html
I love the picture!! It is so cute!! Such a "real photo"--perfect to let your son or daughter know they too will be loved and adored. So excited for you!!
ReplyDelete