Sunday, May 9, 2010

I am Addicted to Motherhood...

My highschool friend, Catie, made a list of why she is addicted to motherhood. I thought it was such a great idea, I decided to copy her. Catie and her husband are in the process of becoming foster parents and Lord willing they will adopt someday. I was so encouraged to hear about Catie's love for orphans and how God is opening her eyes to the suffering. So neat to see God align our hearts with his. He is truly doing a work among his people for orphans and it is so amazing to watch!

Ok...So here are the reasons I am Addicted to Motherhood...

1. Henry and Mary Taylor love to run around house playing chase after bathtime.
2. Mary Taylor starts dancing whenever she hears a song or a ring tone.

3. Henry has more energy than any child I have ever known and never gets tired.
4. Mary Taylor loves making any bag, bucket, or flipflop a purse.
5. Recently listening to Henry pray for people he is concerned about.
6. I have such amazing mommy friends that are such a huge encouragement to me and I could not make it without them! Thank you girls!!
7. My husband's unconditional love and support...that I do not appreciate enough.
8. I have the privilege of teaching my children about the only one that can make them truly happy.
9. I am stripped of myself more and more everyday...allowing me to accept and understand his grace all the more...which compels me to love the unlovable.
10. I can blog during nap time and be encouraged by other adopting families and ministries that reach out to orphans.
11. Lord willing, I will have the privilege of being the hands and feet of Jesus to an orphan and accept them as my son or daughter...ultimately changing me and being greatly blessed by this child.
12. So thankful God is ultimately in control of my children's lives, not me.

3 comments:

  1. aww...beautiful post! LOVE the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) Your kiddos are just dolls in their matching yellow outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!