Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hard news to hear...

We just got an email from our social worker that we were assigned to a judge, but now the courts in Uganda are in the middle of switching judges. So our case will be passed on to one of the new judges, which will not take place until November 1st. We should expect to get a court date after all the transitions, which could be a while. So we are a little frustrated...OK, maybe a lot! But, the Lord is good and HIS PLAN IS BIGGER THAN OURS....as I preach this to myself! The courts close for a month on December 15th to January 15th, so we are praying we will go before then, but who knows at this point! That's why international adoption is so hard, you never know what is going to happen! Please pray for a miracle as we hope to go before 2011!

I am learning I can not trust in expectations of this world. My idol lately has been "the news of a court date". Well, my idol disappointed me, it failed me. My hope can only be in Jesus and him alone, for even good things can rob us of our joy! It is not wrong to want a court date to bring home our child! But, it is not good to desire something so much that it brings you away from all that is important, from what will bring you true joy. We were not made to worship or trust in things, we were made to worship Jesus. God designed us for himself. Lord, help me to fall in love with you more everyday, so that I will not desire the ways of the world....they just leave you disappointed and empty.

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26

8 comments:

  1. The waiting part is so hard. Just when you think something is right around the corner, there's another delay. It grows our faith to wait for God's perfect timing. He knows exactly the days that Charles Tucker is meant to be in your home. (Acts 17:26) God knew that it would be hard for Charles Tucker and all of you to be there when Pop passed away. Maybe Charles Tucker wouldn't have understood all the sadness and maybe it would have impeded his bonding. Maybe there is something that he needs in Uganda this month and that's why it has to be another month for the court hearing. We just never know. But God knows. He knows all of it and He has a perfect plan.

    I'm sorry for all of this. I remember how much it hurts. It makes your heart ache. You are in my prayers.

    Much love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that's disappointing. I'm praying for you and your family to trust Him. It's hard! It helps to know that God is with you and He's in Uganda too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet friend. I am so sorry, what a big, fat disappointment... but you are so right, our idols will always let us down. You continue to encourage me with your heart and your godly attitude. I will be praying for a date before December 15th. Please pray the same for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the waiting!!!! And I am so sorry for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry! Praying for yall! You're doing such a great job and CT will LOVE yall! Praying for 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing truth to hold onto. Keep clinging to His word--He will renew and strengthen you will you wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about this news. I know that must have been hard to hear, but you have such a great attitude. I know that God has an amazing plan in all this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to keep up to date. Can I be in your club?? :-)

    Shouldn't be too hard with blogspot. Go into your settings and just change it to private.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!