On the same day, we also finger painted! Wow... I am not sure what I was thinking...because I had to do a lot of cleaning up! Both kids had to be bathed. This the first time I have let them finger paint sense Mary Taylor has been alive. It's a whole different story when their are two kids making this big of a mess!
The second project was a magnetic chalk board for our playroom! I have been saving up money for a couple of months for this project, it wasn't cheap. I had to collect a magnetic metal sheet that was 3x4 ft., plywood that was 3x4 ft., wood molding, mitre box, chalkboard paint, and gorilla glue. I did this project over four days between all the glue and paint that needed to dry and the cutting of the wood molding. Using a Mitre box is not easy, my fore arms are very sore from sawing the wood. But, once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. The chalk board paint can be tinted to be several different colors, I decided to branch out from plain and simple to peapod green! This board is far from perfect, considering I forgot to prime the metal before I applied three coats of chalkboard paint. But, it works for now until the kids scrap the paint off. Another project for another day! I was excited at how it turned out!
***Our homestudy will be ready to be approved by tomorrow, but then it will be sent to our placing agency, Generations. Our social worker there will look over it and then send it to us by the end of next week so we can send it off to USCIS. A week later than we thought, but it is almost ready to go!
Melissa, the magnetic board is awesome! I've wanted one for our homeschool, but couldn't pay the high price for a dry-erase one. You've been one crafty mama lately, I'm inspired. :) Congrats on the hstudy completion!
ReplyDeleteYou're a hero!
ReplyDelete