Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Did you say preschool?

Over the past several years we have kept Henry at home because preschool is so expensive. I begrudgingly accepted this at first, but then the Lord showed me how wonderful it is to have Henry at home. He will be in school for the rest of his life, he is only small once. So I really started to enjoy having him at home. To my husbands liking, I fully embraced homeschool for the past two years with Henry, while most of his friends attended school. But, the last several months with all the adoption craziness and now getting use to our new normal....homeschool is just not happening!

So what do we do? Well, the only rational thing to do with very active, sweet, defiant, smart, impulsive, strongwilled child, is to enroll him in a Spanish Preschool three days a week! Ha Ha!! You say, what? Yes, Henry started his first day at ABCs of Spanish and More....today! Funny thing is...they speak Spanish the whole day, but he really seems to love it! We'll see how it goes!

Yes, this was the first day in 4 1/2 years that I had to be somewhere...on time...in the morning. And it was hard! I had to get up in the dark. I know most of you are laughing at me, because you have been doing this for years, but we sleep in until about 8:00 a.m. or so... depending on when the kids wake up. So I have been spoiled and I have enjoyed every moment of it. But...I think I am ready for more consistency in our life anyway. So I got up at 7:00 am and got everything ready, then I got the kids up for breakfast. It still took us two hours to get out the door and we were a still a little late too. I guess it will have to be earlier on Wednesday. The only true way we got out of the door in under three hours is because Henry was so excited for his first day of preschool. He ate all his breakfast, took his plate to the sink, got himself dressed, and tried to help the little ones get their coats on with out me even asking him. Well, I had to tell him, but he obeyed on the spot! Not normal in our house, there is usually a lot of whinning....

Charles Tucker and Mary Taylor think they are going to school too, with their new little bags from Dominic's party the day before.


After we dropped him off we ran errands and then ended up eating lunch at Whole Foods! Mary Taylor has become a hilarious child. She was pretending like this napkin canister had a door on it and she was knocking on it and trying to open it. So fun to see what's going on in that little brain of hers. Charles Tucker thinks she's pretty funny too! (pause the music at the bottom of the page)

I will keep you all informed about Henry's aquisition of the Spanish language. I am hoping to learn some too!

I can't believe we have entered the preschool world! Never thought I would see the day! I guess God has different plans...

5 comments:

  1. soooo cute! you call him "Char Tuck!" love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am calling him Tuck Tuck in the movie, but we definitley call him Cha Tuck too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great that he's so excited about it! blessings as you make the adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the preschool world continues to go great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!