Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two new "Charles" in the Jackson Family

A couple of weeks ago, my parents arranged a "Meet and Greet" for our family to meet Charles Tucker DeBardeleben and Charles Graham Jackson, my brother's first baby, who they call "Graham". It was a fun time to see everyone and introduce our new kiddos!

This was one of our first outings as a family of five...so we weren't really sure how it was going to go. But on the way there, everyone did great. Henry and Mary Taylor even decided to hold hands. I promise I did not instigate this. Most of you know I cannot make my kids do anything. And they sat there like this for about ten minutes. It was the most precious thing.


Mary Taylor is eating this up!

And Charles Tucker loves the car, he talks the whole time...

And look who he ran to the minute he walked in the door!
 Yes, my grandmother. He could not have done anything more perfect than walk up to her and give her a hug. She just melted. I told her, this was not normal for him to even look at new people, so what a gift it was for him to give her a hug. I know I was shocked! He wasn't nervous or apprehensive at all about being in this new place. In Uganda he would never let anyone touch him or hold him that he just met. He would barely let people he did know hold him, except me. So it is really interesting to see him be so comfortable in America. He has even stayed in the church nursery for the last two Sundays. I guess this place looks so different than Uganda, that he is comfortable enough to know we are not going to leave him. Who knows?? I keep thinking is it O.K. he feels this comfortable so fast??! I guess time will tell. If anyone has any insight into this let me know. I am probably over thinking this anyway.

My dad had the whole place decorated for the party...

 Look who found baby Graham, (who was six weeks at the time)??

War Eagle!!...future National Champion football star...right Kelly...not sure Matt likes this one!

So neat to see my brother and sister-in-law have a new baby...This is my first nephew on my side of the family...so this was pretty special meeting him. So happy for you guys! He is adorable!!

Kelly is such a wonderful mother already...look at her, she adores him...

Then we attempted a grandparent picture with all four of the grandkids. Charles Tucker wasn't too excited about this idea. He is a typical two year old, with his own mind!

So mommy popped in to save the day..

Then of course the Jackson whole family portrait...this time with funky sunglasses on!! (Thanks for this picture Jennifer)...I think it turned out really cute! Great idea Dad!
Where is Charles Tucker? You ask. He refuses to sit in daddy's lap..he is on the floor in front of Dee.

Mary Taylor and her Kaki posing for pic...Pretty Pretty has definitely become a little miss priss. She loves girly things, like dressing up in tutus now, instead of super hero costumes and putting on makeup with me in the morning. The other day when I asked her to help me clean up a mess she made, she said, "I busy." I could not help but laugh. Too cute!! I think she grew up when I was in Africa! Such a little girl..

As the afternoon turns into evening...everyone starts to melt and some even fall asleep and the other little one gets some special "Punzel" previews on the iphone. "Punzel" is how Mary Taylor says Rapunzel. She is pretty obsessed with that movie. They saw it twice over the holidays when I was gone. She will sit and beg us all day long, "Punzel...Punzel...Punzel...Punzel".

She is pretty funny these days..

What a special time of rejoicing and welcoming these two children into our family! Thank you Jacksons, for welcoming Charles Tucker into our family. What a blessing you all are to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging words!