Friday, November 6, 2009

Ugandan Baby Cottage in Amani

      We are also looking at an agency located in Waco, TX called Generations. This is a christian agency that began two years ago. They offer various grants and loans to everyone, to make adoptions possible. Dee talked to them on the phone yesterday and he was really impressed. I hope to talk to them today or tomorrow. The only negative about using this adoption agency is they have not completed one Ugandan adoption to date. They have five adoptions pending. Hopefully, God will lead us to a decision within the next week.
       In my second post, I referred to Katie Davis.The Amani Baby Cottage is where she first served while living in Uganda.These are some pictures of those precious children. If God leads us to use Lifeline or Generations, this is the orphanage where we will pick up our child. So exciting to see these sweet little faces!


 We believe that God has picked this child and placed this child in our family from the beginning of time, just like our biological children. This is such a neat picture of God's love for us. We were dead in our sins and did not want God, but through Christ Jesus' death and resurrection he chose us to be his sons and daughters and live with him forever. From the beginning of time he adopted us into his family. Thank you Jesus!
"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. Predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-O the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves."
                   Ephesians 1:4-6


3 comments:

  1. Praying for direction for your sweet family. Can't wait to see where God leads you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,
    I'm a fellow GA girl, and follower of Katie's blog. We've been praying about adopting from Uganda for months and just 2 wks ago began trying to contact AmaniBC. I haven't gotten a response back via email or phone. I was told they aren't taking any more applications right now. Really curious. . .Those 2 agencies you mention, have they said that "yes" you can begin an Amani adoption now through them? All the other parents I know via "blogger world" that have and are adopting through ABC didn't use an agency. Maybe using an agency is a new part of the process? Any additional info you can share would be greatly appreciated. We really felt strongly that ABC was the home for us, we had gained such a confidence level with them. Thanks for you post and praying for God's precious plan to unfold in the lives of both our families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this information from another blog that I follow. (Heirs with Christ) I saw that she was using lifeline and she said the orphanage they use was the amani baby cottage. And then my husband seemed to confirm it based on the information he knew or thought he knew. So I decided to post about the orphanage. Then my friend Andrea told me the same thing you are telling me. The Amani cottage does not need anymore people to adopt from them. So I don't know. I thought about taking this post down, but it is cool to see the sweet, precious Ugandan
    faces. So I decided to leave it. I am sorry to confuse you. Yes, Lifeline and Generations do go to Uganda, but I am not sure what orphanage. They would not disclose what orphanage they use, but the lady did accidently mention to my husband that "they have this cottage". I would love to talk more with you about this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!