I wanted you to be aware that we have heard that Legal Guardianship Immigrant Visa issuance in Uganda is currently on “hold” due to a problem with the wording used for the legal guardianship paperwork in the Ugandan courts. They have not shut down adoptions in Uganda, but the U.S. has asked them to put a pause on issuing visas until they can work out different wording with the Uganda courts. Our Ugandan attorney has a appointment at the US Embassy in Kampala tomorrow to obtain additional information and potential ramifications relating to this situation. Generations is confident that hearing directly from the Embassy will cut through a lot of rumors now circulating on the internet. I will email you again tomorrow to let you know information. At this time, this is all the information I have and will not have more accurate information until our lawyer meets with the Embassy tomorrow.When I read this email to my husband, he said, that means, WE CANNOT ADOPT A CHILD FROM UGANDA, as of right now. The Ugandan Judges might rewrite the documents, but who knows. This is not good news for us, but more devastating is the people who are already in Uganda adopting their children. They have been there for weeks, trying to get their children home. One blog friend, James 1:27, has been through "heck" and back trying to get her daughter Sarah home. I am heartbroken for her and her family!! They either have to move their family to Uganda for three years or leave Sarah an orphan forever!! Sarah has been malnourished and has many other problems from being institutionalized. My friend quotes on her blog, "This is a death sentence for Sarah".
Please pray for these families that are trying to get their children home! Pray that the Lord will give us guidance and show us what steps to take in a new direction, if the decision of the U.S. Embassy is final. As horrible as this seems, we know we serve a Good God! We know God has a plan that is perfect! We trust in his sovereignty!
Oh Melissa this is terrible news! I am so sorry for you and so sorry for all the families waiting! I will be praying. I know that things have been stewing over this for a while but to read that things are on hold is just awful!
ReplyDeletePraying!
ReplyDeletewe are praying so hard!
ReplyDelete