Friday, February 19, 2010

Sarah is home with her forever family!

After following the blog, James 1:27 for a couple of months, I realized that the Levys live in Atlanta. So... yesterday afternoon, I took both kids to welcome Amy and Sarah Levy home at the Atlanta airport. What a privilege it was to witness the uniting of a family for the first time! It was such an amazing experience!  It is a miracle that Sarah was able to come home so fast, much less come home at all, considering everything that is going on in Uganda right now. God moved mountains for Sarah to be adopted in Uganda, pass all the clearances, get a visa, fly on a plan... to make it home to be with her forever family! Praise God for his sovereign plan! God's heart is for orphans to have families!

We got to the airport just in time! 

   

I also got the chance to met a blog friend, Mandi, at the airport 
with her three kids. Mandi is hoping to start the adoption process very soon too.

 
Henry is not so sure what to expect..
but he knows we are waiting to welcome Sarah home!


 
Mary Taylor loved looking all the people waiting for Sarah!


How special to witness this family come together!

 
Amy, Sarah, and I think one of her sons.

  
Amy, Sarah, and another one of her sons.

  


All the kids that came to welcome them home!

The Levy family together at last and Sarah is home forever!

Then we hung out at the airport for a while talking to other families that are involved in adoption.
So neat to meet other families that have adopted trans-racially. This little boy, Silas, was adopted domestically when he was a small baby. This family also lives in Atlanta. So neat to connect with other families! Henry had a great time running around the airport with Silas and Mandi's boys! At one point I told Henry to stay close to me and not run too far away because there are 'strangers' here. He then runs around yelling to the other kids, "Watch out, there are strangers here! Watch out there are strangers here!" I guess I had never had the stranger talk with him.
Henry and Silas trying to get close to the dinosaur!

 
Henry and Silas sharing the cowboy hat!

What a blessing to witness this miracle!

I will not leave you as orphans I will come to you. John 14:8

Thank you God for loving us in our sin and 
making us your sons and daughters in Christ!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the look on Amy's face when she finally sees her boys... so glad she's home now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post new friend....I guess I've made my blog world debut, so to speak, ha! I look forward to sharing many more adoption homecomings with you and your family and all those who answer this call so dear to God's heart. We can no longer turn away and think it's someone else's responsibility or that the need is so great that we can't make a difference. As many have said...we can make a difference for ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photos are awesome! SO glad you were able to go and witness this family being reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special moment...looking forward to welcoming you and your new home one some time in the not-too-distant future

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS!!! How awesome you got to be there!!

    I was just thinking about how when we come home, and all our friends will be celebrating with us, how that is like how the angels in Heaven throw a party when one of us becomes a believer!! The spiritual references to adoption are just endless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful to that Sarah finally came home. It is so neat that your kids got to see this because not to long from now they will be ones seeing everyone when they get off the plane. Yeah! I am writing a comment. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet! so glad to see sarah is finally with her forever family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so precious! i love reading about this journey you are on... love you friend! -ss

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome that you got to go see this family! And even more awesome that you have friends in your hometown who've gone down this journey before you.

    And I love the "stranger" story! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!