Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blessings

      I have so many blessing in life. One of my favorite blessings are my parents. They gave me the greatest gift growing up and that is the knowledge of my Savior. My parents lived the 'gospel' in our home. For example, my mother taught me to "put myself in other people's shoes". In highschool, when I would gossip about someone, she would always defend the person I was talking about. She would say, "Maybe they were having a bad day, or maybe they don't feel good about themselves." At the time, it annoyed me, but she was Christ to me, she had compassion to the 'least of these.' And my father was always inviting the whole world over to our house. He would talk to anyone and always tried to include people in whatever we were doing, like pool tournaments, lunch, dinner, movie, or just to hang out. As a teenager, this drove me crazy, but he was being 'Christ's hands and feet' to people around us by loving them. When God opened my eyes in college to my own sin and I realized how big of a Savior I truly do have, this knowledge was made alive in me. Their Savior truly became my rescuer and deliverer! God used my parents to make me who I am today. I am forever thankful to them!
      Now my parents are grandparents twice over and are about to have a third grandchild through adoption! Once my parents realized God had truly called us to increase our family through adoption, they jumped right on board! God is opening their hearts to the beauty in adoption too!  I am so thankful to my gracious mother  who has been working very hard to raise money to bring our third child home. She has designed stationary and magnetic paper dolls for people to purchase. All the money goes toward the adoption of our child in Uganda. If you are interested, please go to the website, Kaki Husaidia (Kaki Helps in Swahili).

1 comment:

  1. What a very sweet tribute to your inspirational parents. It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!