Thursday, February 18, 2010

I am strong mommy!

Henry usually gets up first in the morning. He comes upstairs to say hello to me and then goes to play with his toys. On this particular morning, five minutes after he got up I hear the front door close. I am still in bed..

Me: " Henry?!" 

Then I heard the front door open and then it closed again.

Me: Henry?!

Henry: Yes!

Me: Come here!

Henry marches in with his blue puffy vest over his pjs, with his baseball cap on his head, and his Thomas the Train rain boots on his feet. I wish I had taken a picture.

Me:Henry what are you doing? You know you are not supposed to go outside by yourself.

Henry: I just went outside to see a bird. I heard him and I wanted to see what he looked like.

Me: Don't ever go outside by yourself without telling mommy. I would not know where you are. Somebody might take you and I would never see you again.

Henry: But, mommy,  I am strong, I can fight the bad guys, I turned 3 at my slip'n'slide birthday party, when I was in your tummy I was not strong, but then the doctor ripped (c-section) me out of your tummy, and then I became strong when I turned 3 at my party.

I am trying not to laugh at this point.

Me: But, Henry, you never open the door without mommy...

Henry: Well, mommy, I just wanted to see the bird that was watching the cars and the school buses and he was black and red, then he flew off.

It was so early in the morning, (well for us), I was so cracked up by this conversation.

Me: Henry, if you open the door with out mommy, next time you will get a spanking.

Henry: Ok, mama

Me: I love you too much! 

Henry: Yes, mama.

Then I gave him a big hug!



Three and half is such a fun age! I want to make sure I remember these conversations! :)

4 comments:

  1. That is precious. Don't you love to hear their thoughts.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is just too funny!!! I love his innocence...... he just wanted to see a bird!! One day, he will laugh at that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have this written down. These are the precious moments we never want to forget. I love as their personalities emerge more and more and bring such laughter in the process. It was a blessing to meet you today. Well 50 min to the airport...1.5hr joyful visit.....2+hr trip home after a wreck, (heard their was a zebra loose on the connector, FOR REAL!!) and 1 stop for fries and a diaper check we made finally made it home. The kids were great... it was sooo worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny! Love that kid!!! We have got to come over and play girl...your babies are just growing up on me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!