At our wedding ceremony, my uncle Robert married us along with Dee's mentor Tom from college. Robert told us that marriage is not designed to make you Happy it is designed to make you HOLY. Oh, do I understand this now after six and half years of marriage and I will continue to understand this until the day I die. Along the same lines, I read a post four weeks ago that has been circulating through the "blogosphere" titled,
"I do not want my children to be happy." When I first read this title, I was like, of course I want our children to be happy, but is that what truly fulfills them to the core? No...our children are "happy" after we buy them a toy at the thrift store, but that happiness fades the next day at Target when Henry tells me this Thomas the Train will REALLY make him "happy." I want my children to know and experience true happiness, which is joy. This joy only comes from Christ and knowing him and enjoying him forever.
I am trying to take more pictures of my kids, so I can somehow catch them "in the moment". Well, I am realizing THESE are the moments, even though they are not what I expect. I brought my camera with me on the way out the door.
I caught Henry and Mary Taylor doing what they do best! They love teasing each other! But, I thought this was true and realistic of our life. If I can't get "picture perfect", real life is the alternative!! :)
Henry decided he did not want to take pictures so he hid. I caught Mary Taylor looking at him with a sweet little face. She adores him, when he is not driving her crazy!
I tried again outside, but it was a lost cause at this point! Mary Taylor thought it was so funny!
And I caught him against his will!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your encouraging words!