Sunday, March 21, 2010

There is no me without you



I am halfway finished reading, There Is No Me Without You, which is a must read to learn about Africa, orphans, adoption and the AIDS crisis. The author, Melissa Faye Green, lives here in Atlanta with her husband and her nine children, of which four were adopted. So far this book has been an emotional, heart wrenching, true story account of this women's life. This quote was taken from this website http://www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com/
 There is No Me Without You (Bloomsbury, 2006) is the story of a middle-class Ethopian widow, who, out of the multiple tragedies in her own life, opens her door to AIDS-orphaned children and is inundated by them, beyond her capacity to care for them all.
Nothing will give you an eternal perspective like the realization of all the pain and suffering in the world. As I have read this book, I find myself praying through the horrible events in these childrens lives and crying out to God knowing he is the only one who can deliver us from all this pain and suffering around the world. It is too much to bear, a burden to heavy to carry. The only true comfort I know is Christ himself, the hope of Glory. Come Jesus Come!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for your comment! I totally know what you mean about the whole adoption blog world thing.

    to God be the glory : )
    -melissa

    ps: your kiddos are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!