Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Pharisee in Me

Jane, a good friend of mine, from Compelling Grace posted a great post about the problem we all have about being self-righteous.

Dear Lord,
In and of myself I am a disaster and I do not desire you. I make my own laws to try and justify why I am worthy to be your child. Then you show me that your grace is enough. My eyes are opened and I see the cry of the orphan. It is a joy to serve you and a blessing to be called to adopt. I am excited to join in your work and it is a privilege to be used by you! It is not about us oh Lord, but about you!

For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. Romans 10:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging words!