Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Family United through the Earthquake

        About two months ago I came across this Haitian adoption blog, A Family for Frankie. It is here that I first learned that Haitian adoptions can be a very hard and long process to go through. A family visits a child several times in Haiti before actually bringing a child home. Somehow, I lost their blog for a while. When the earthquake happened, all I could think about is this family. I could not remember the child's name or the name of the blog, but I just prayed that he was OK. A couple of days later, my friend Andrea, posted about this family. I was so excited to know that Frankie was alive and coming home to be with his family. He arrived on January 23 in Orlando, FL to be with his family forever! I am not sure if there is anything better than seeing an orphan become a son or daughter!


          Of course, we all know adoptions out of Haiti have changed dramatically. There were over 900 pending adoptions before the earthquake. Now all of those adoptions will be completed in the weeks ahead. Frankie is one of those children who is now at home with his family. But, what about all the other children that were already orphans that did not have a family waiting for them? Hopefully, after the 900 children get home, then the others can be adopted. And, then what about the other children that are left after the earthquake without a father or a mother? I have heard it will take at least a year to sort it all out, to make sure the children are not just separated from loved ones because of the earthquake. Then, hopefully Haiti will reopen for adoptions to take place. Until then, hopefully this terrible disater has opened people's hearts up to how many orphans there really are in the world that need to be adopted. Maybe this is the beginning of God doing a mighty work in the lives of orphans around the world!

2 comments:

  1. yay for another family being united!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo glad you shared this about Frankie. I too had followed their story and lost their links. I too learned about how hard the Haitian adoption process is and the strength of those parents to be faithful to God's plan for their lives. This is definately the joy that comes in the morning. PTL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!