Anyway, the interviews went well. I was definitely emotionally drained after the visit. For an hour and half I talked about my whole life's story. It was hard going to those places I have not gone in a while. It reminded me of how far the Lord has brought me and what I used to be before he changed me. I do not miss the past! I do not wish to go back to my four years in college! They were not the best years of my life! God was working in my life, but I was still so miserable with myself and in bondage to sin. Oh, how thankful, I am, who I am today because of the person and work of Jesus himself! If God had not intervened and rescued me from myself, no telling where I would be and how miserable I would be today. I was an orphan and he rescued me from the destruction of the world and made me his daughter. Oh, what a Good God we serve! I long to bring this kind of love into the life of a child that God has called us to adopt. I will not do this perfectly, but hopefully Christ working through me will show this child unconditional love and acceptance.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only son, that who so ever believes in him, he will have eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord." John 3:16
"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:21
I am glad the interviews went well. I hear you on going back to the past. I think it was hardest for me when we had to write our biographies for our homestudy because I felt like I poured my heart out. I am thankful with you for our Savior.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Amy
I also do not like looking back on the past!! It is emotionally draining but praise God that you were able to reflect on how far He has brought you!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are getting closer......!!!!
Praising the Lord that He makes all things new! I think we all have had those times in our lives where we regret what we did but through them God was working in us and wasn't giving up on us and so thankful He didn't! :0)
ReplyDeleteglad your interviews went well! We have those in two weeks!