The guest house is where we will be staying while in Uganda.
The view from the guest house where we will be staying.
Some children who live at BCV.
This is one of the babies at the LHBH.
Oh, what a precious little one!
I cried the first time I saw this picture!
These BCV children have stickers on their faces.
This is where guests get fresh water to drink.
This is the nurses station at BCV.
This is a classroom at BCV.
This lady is probably a widow trying to raise money for her family to eat. You can buy these beads to help support widows and orphans in Uganda. I bought several of these necklaces for family members for Christmas. You can go to 147 million orphans or UAPO to buy them for around 20.00 to 30.00 dollars.
This is the BCV dock.
Looks like they are about to play some football (soccer).
Another LHBH! She looks so sweet and healthy!
Uganda: A Place Abandoned Babies Call Home. Most orphaned babies in Uganda are abandoned. Often these babies develop attachment problems, because their physical and emotional needs are not met and they go through such great trauma being abandoned. Once they are in the orphanage they do not get the adequate amount of attention needed to form bonds with their care takers. After being adopted, many of these children have to go through a period of time learning to attach to their new parents. The majority of these children recover within a year, but some suffer from attachment disorders and have to have extensive therapy. Can you tell I have been reading a lot about the problems that you might face with your child that was institutionalized? All the articles I have read say that all institutionalized children will have some sort of attachment issues, but most of them will overcome them sooner than later, especially the younger ones.
But, you know what? God is bigger than attachment disorders! He is a big God who is in control of everything! He is bigger than all the problems our child might potentially have. He has a specific child picked out for us, with a precious personality, that will be perfect for our family. God has a plan to use this child to break us of ourselves and make us rely on him for our strength and comfort. God is sovereign over all the problems and sin in this world. He is making things new through Christ. Wow! What comfort this brings me! God, break me of myself and my fears of the unknown.






Ah seeing these pictures moves my heart to want to bring a child home!! We are praying about which country in Africa to adopt from. America World, the agency we have been with for 5 and half years, do ET and Rwanda but not Uganda.... I wish they did! I trust them and know them well so had hoped to go with them again. I am just not sure what to do!!
ReplyDeleteCan you please pray for us as we seek the Lord for the next step. It won't be just yet because we are about to move back to the US and need to get settled first... but I am hoping to start the process as soon as we feel the Lord telling us!!
I am enjoying following your journey there. I have been so immersed in China for over five years that Africa is new territory for me!
Loved reading about this M. So excited to see the Lord develop your heart deeper and deeper with love for your 3rd little one! I am so excited to see your sweet family's story unfold!
ReplyDeleteYea!! Melissa, that was me with the blog. Yes, when I found that. . I was slowly piecing together (as you understand) all the blog surfing and which agency uses which home and what info/pics are out there. It was my understanding at the time that Loving Hearts is really new (few months) and that they only had 4 babies at the time. My heart leapt to think that one of those babies might be your child. I'm praying for you and am so thankful to follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteI was looking for that blog that is how I came across yours!! I never did find the blog. Our mission trip is planned with African Renewal Ministries. I have a newsletter I can email you from the director of Loving hearts baby home that has profiles of all four of their babies at Loving Hearts. I copied the page and have it taped to the wall above my laptop to pray for them. Three boys and one girl for now! You can email me at laurieandvivi@yahoo.com. and I will get that newsletter to you. It was sent in November to me by Generations.
ReplyDeleteLooks like God may be changing our direction a bit and our June trip to Uganda may not happen like planned. We will see as the following weeks unfold!
M Johnson, Did you tell me about the director's blog too? The comment that I found, was sister Hatiti, who told me about the blog from the Director at Loving Hearts Baby Home? Maybe you told me about it to, but I don't think I saw that comment. It is funny, that I just found this comment yesterday. By, the way, how do I get in touch with you?
ReplyDeleteso happy for you. this is such a beautiful journey. a blessed journey. uganda will always have a piece of my heart!!
ReplyDeleteM- email me at mandij75@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteI'd love to talk to you. Write me and I'll send digits too. : )
So glad that you found a nice place to stay!
ReplyDeleteLoved seeing these sweet faces...our little one may be at Loving Hearts as well! Can't wait to read more about your journey.
ReplyDelete