Saturday, January 2, 2010

How can you help orphans?

Not everyone feels the call to adopt, but all Christians are called to love orphans. Whether it be sponsoring an orphan overseas, giving money to a family that is adopting, being a foster parent, or praying for orphans, we all can be apart of what God is doing in the lives of orphans. I came across this video tonight on The Spirit of Adoption blog.


Adoption from Catalyst on Vimeo.

***I just finished my NCFA training online. Yes, 8 to 10 hours of reading and video clips completed! I have been informed of every possible problem I could have in adopting a child internationally and there are a lot! But, I rest in the fact that God knows the perfect child for our family and he will give us the grace that is sufficient in handling any situation. Hopefully tomorrow, I will finish my medical form and get a little bit more reading done. I got so much accomplised while Henry was gone. I feel like I got a head start. Now, Dee just needs to catch up! Ha Ha! We will have our first homestudy interview with our new agency, Lifeline Children Services on Tuesday. So, we are moving right along!

3 comments:

  1. When we finished our education we had the same feelings...some would be overwhelmed by thinking what might happen. However, we knew just as you do that God would give us the abilities and love to care for whatever situation He places before us.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to get our online training done too! 12 hours we have to complete! Where did you do yours online?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!