While I was running on the treadmill yesterday, I heard the terrible news of Haiti's catastrophic Earthquake. I could not help but think about the 1.2 million orphans of Haiti and the children who became orphans through this devastating event. I could not help but think about all the families who lost their soon to be adopted sons and daughters. Haiti's adoption process is very long and grueling. Families can travel several times to see their children before they finally get to bring them home. My heart goes out to these families whose children may not have made it. But there are those orphans who are still alive in Haiti and are still waiting to go home to their forever families. The blog, Together for Adoption, posted this video of a family who is waiting to bring their son home from Haiti. Join with me in praying that these adoptions will be made final and not delayed because of this horrible situation. Pray that God's glory shines in the midst of destruction.
Lespwa Worldwide is a nonproft organization to help orphans of Haiti. It was started by a group of college students who understood the gospel, who were compelled to love the orphans of Haiti. They are accepting donations that will go directly to help the relief effort of the earthquake.

thanks for sharing about the family and the link to go to! such heartbreaking news!
ReplyDelete