My husband just returned this morning after taking the "red eye" from Las Vegas so he could be here for our first homestudy meeting. He has been working out in Vegas for almost two weeks. So we are really glad to have him home! He tried to sleep this morning, but Henry got up five minutes after he laid his head down at 6:30a.m. So after trying to sleep for 2 hours, he finally got up and played with the kids! After playing a while, we decided to get some adoption stuff done and run some errands. Then for lunch, we ate all together at Chickfila before rushing home to clean the house for our homestudy meeting.
Our first official homestudy meeting went great! We really like our social worker from Lifeline Children's Services and I was not nervous at all. He made us feel very comfortable. We just talked about ourselves! It lasted 2 1/2 hours and we still had more to discuss. He said we could continue the discussion at the next meeting, which will hopefully be next week. After the meeting, we rushed to the post office to finish the paper work for Mary Taylor and Henry's passports. Yes, we are praying and planning on taking both our kids to Uganda with us. Four to six weeks is a long time to be away from your children. So, Lord willing, it will work out. Dee will stay for two weeks and then we are hoping my sister will be able to join us in Uganda. If she is unable to come, we are praying that God will provide someone else to go with us to Uganda to help with our children.
Seeing the disaster in Haiti, greatly burdons me to help the orphans of the world. It is so hard to watch the images of the suffering Haitian people. The pain they are going through does not seem fair. Oh, how I long to do more for these people. How is it fair that we live in such luxery and other people around the world have nothing and are suffering. Oh.... how I long for Christ to deliever us from the sin of this world and the pain that people have to endure. I have been blessed to be the mother of two precious children, but Oh.... has God opened my eyes to the abandoned children of the world, who suffering silently, with no mother to comfort them! I am thrilled that he is calling our family to take one of these suffering children into our family. I can no longer be comfortable in my little world, worrying about the social pressures of today's society. I have lived too many years in bongage to the "fear of man". The "fear of man" only leads to destruction and an unfulfilling life. God has recently changed my heart and given me victory to overcome some of these fears. He has opened my eyes and given me "joy in suffering". For this I am truly thankful.
Melissa so excited to hear about the great hs meeting. I appreciate your thoughts on Haiti and our response to live not in the "fear of man". I hear you sister and I agree! Praying about all those details regarding the kids and travel to Uganda, God will show you the way.
ReplyDeleteAMEN! I loved reading this this a.m. Praying for your sweet family as you go through this process.
ReplyDeleteSara
yay! So glad it went well for you guys! Ours did too! When is your next appointment? Ours is in February!
ReplyDeleteOr perhaps we'll be in Uganda together so if neither of us has that extra person coming with, we'll be together! (Hey, I won't lie, I'm praying for however God can work it out that I won't be alone there with the kiddos!) hee hee :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the home study meeting went well-- one step closer! :-)