Monday, July 19, 2010

Chi Omega mansion reunion

One of the main reasons I decided to travel home to Birmingham last week was for the 2nd Annual Chi Omega mansion reunion. I was unable to attend last year in Birmingham, so I made sure I was not going to miss out again this year. This year Amy hosted at her lovely home in Huntsville. We had 6 out of the 9 girls who lived  together in the Chi O mansion. Not seeing some of these girls in seven years, we had a lot to catch up on. We also enjoyed chatting about old times too, like my cleaning wheel I attempted to make everyone follow...bad idea in college...surprised they didn't kick me out! We just naturally jumped into conversations like we had never left college...of course with a lot more distractions...let me say 11 children, with more on the way!  Kristy explains our time together in Huntsville well: 

"We laughed and cried and talked and talked. None of us could believe how fast our time together flew. It was encouraging, humbling, and refreshing to hear their individual stories of what God is doing in their sweet families' lives. From adoption to child loss, to job struggles, from staying home or working or trying to do some of both, these women are strong mothers and wives for their families."

Chi Omega rush at Auburn University 2000...


 Ten years later...

Christi Ikerd Green, Amy Kyle Stapler, Kelley Brown, Kristy Dean Crawford, Melissa Jackson Debardeleben, Rebekah Wright Methvin. [missing: Sarah Stone Armstrong, Mary Cook Bateman, Kimper Cannon Thomas--we missed you girls!]


Who would have thought...us with kiddos. Time definitely flies...


Can you believe they all sat for 30 seconds for this picture..I was impressed...

The kiddos (from top): Bennett Green, Eli Stapler, Henry Debardeleben, Carter Brown, Mary Taylor Debardeleben, Addison Crawford, Grace Brown, John Walt Methvin, Tate Methvin, Bennett Green [Not pictured: a sleeping Caroline Stapler. On their way: Charles Tucker and Ansley Crawford. Missing: Turner Armstrong and Ceely Bateman]
These babies are all within six months of one another...
All the crazy boys,or at least mine is! I think it's break down time...
We are sad not everyone was able to make the drive...but I am glad we are all making an effort to stay in touch after all these years.

On our way back to Birmingham, we stopped by the Space and Rocket Center. Henry loved the rockets and space shuttles on display in front of the museum. Yes, we took some pictures, but on the way home Henry deleted all my pictures from the days events. (note to self: never let 3 year old hold camera) Thank you all for these great pictures of our time together. And of course I had to have one of the Space and Rocket Center too...found one on the website. If we don't have a picture we will forget we went there. HaHa!

 

 

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Looking so forward to keeping up with you more through our blogs. Can't wait to get our families all together again as we keep growing. Praying he's in your arms soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! Your day at Auburn looks like so much fun. I love the pic of all of you with your kids. That's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!?!?!?!?! WE were at the Space Center this weekend!!! Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad ya'll had such a wonderful time in Bham! Love, love, love the pic of you from 10 years ago! WOW, how life has changed for all of us from our college years. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!