Friday, July 16, 2010

McWane Center in Birmingmham

  So far we have had a great week in Birmingham hanging out with my family, seeing old friends and just sleeping late. Today my sister came in town from Auburn and we all went to the McWane Center. Wow, what a neat place...so much bigger than our Children's Museum in Atlanta, but it would take weeks to really experience it all.

My mom, my sister..Amelia, and Mary Taylor in the Distortion Room or "Alison Wonderland Room"...


Henry flying a model airplane...

Of course Henry made a friend in the Kids Room and they played rockets and bad guys for like thirty minutes...


Mary Taylor was entertained by the water table for thirty minutes also...


M.T. 's thinking...'What have I done wrong?'...after we all freaked out from her drinking the water from the water table...


'Ehooo gross'...she realizes that drinking the water isn't acceptable...

 

It's time to leave so we won't get in 280 traffic...our first attempt at a group picture...


Our second attempt was much better...


*More pictures to come of our time here in Birmingham...

**The courts are closed as of yesterday in Uganda. Pray that we will trust in God's timing and we will rest in his strength. Hopefully shortly after August 15th we will know something and began to really prepare to travel.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have had a blast in Alabama! It was so fun chatting with you the other night... hope I didn't talk to much... I am kinda know for that! (:
    Look forward to chatting again soon, I will let you know all we experience while in Nashville at the AGCI conference, I pray our eyes would be even more opened to adoption! Take Care! Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... KNOWN for that! Bobi (I should proofread!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!