It is has been a month since we saw our sweet little boy's face...hard to believe! We are overjoyed and in love and can't wait to hold him in our arms. Henry keeps asking us..."When will we go get Charles Tucker??" Whenever we talk about getting on an airplane to go to Uganda...Mary Taylor points to the door to leave. I tell them, "We have to wait until we get a court date, hopefully it won't be too much longer."
Right after we received our referral...Dee and I sat down and discussed how much money we still need for our adoption expenses. God graciously has provided for us to save a huge bulk of the expenses, but we never calculated the immunization prices. Because we are taking our whole family, the shots are really expensive, not including the anti-malaria pills that are $8.00 a pop and we need to take one everyday. So...realizing this...I become anxious about where the money was going to come from, even though I knew the Lord is going to provide, but in my sin, I am not so sure I can fully trust him. Well...the Lord is so much bigger and greater and knows my needs before I do. The very next day I get the mail from the mail box and find a letter with our names on it without an address...someone has personally dropped it off at our house. Well, some very dear friends of ours gave a very generous donation to our adoption fund. When I opened the letter and saw their names, I just burst into tears of thankfulness that God was soooo providing for us to bring our child home! Thank you dear friends for allowing God to use you, once again, to bless us in this journey.
In the last couple of days, we have once again, become worried about how we will have all the money when it's time to travel. It just so happens that August and September are months when a lot of our yearly bills are due for the dogs, our house, taxes, etc. And once again...God provides through some special members of our church. I got home Thursday night and saw that someone had dropped of a letter at our front door. I was blown away at their generosity and thoughtfulness. These sweet friends felt compelled to be apart of what God is doing and help us fund our adoption to bring Charles Tucker home. Boy was I encouraged....Wow, God is so cool to meet us in our anxiousness to tell us...TRUST ME...I CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS...I WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU!
***Stay tuned because some friends at church and in my neighborhood are helping us plan some adoption fundraisers at the end of the summer and into the fall if we are still here and not traveling to Uganda. Oh...I am so thankful for community!
Yay! Love seeing how God always provides!!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing Melissa and Dee. How wonderful that God gives you what you need.
ReplyDeleteShelley
We just started the adoption process and I've been so blessed to see God provide for us and others on this journey!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful. God provided $17,000 for our family to travel to china to Lydia, so I know He will meet your every need!!!
ReplyDelete