Yesterday...I got an email that I will never forget. It was the sweetest pictures and an incredible video of Dr. Roe meeting Charles Tucker in Uganda. I cannot put into words the emotions and feelings I felt seeing him flip through the family picture book and holding the light brown teddy bear...one of the most surreal moments of my life. Truly AMAZING! Henry was sitting in my lap saying, "Mommy, does Charles Tucker like us? Does he like us?" My brother and my mother were also watching it with us, which was really special. I then emailed the video to Dee in Atlanta while he was eating dinner at his parents house. His mother, father and grandmother were all there to watch this special video of Charles Tucker. Such a blessing we both experienced this video with our families...an event that only God could orchestrate. I will forever be thankful to Dr. Roe and the Sixty Feet team for loving on Charles Tucker while we wait and trust God for him to be apart of our family. One day soon I hope to share it with you all.
The Sixty Feet team said,
God is showing me...literally showing me...that he is in control and he cares for Charles Tucker way more than I can ever care for him.
Yes...don't get me wrong I want to get on a plane and go see him right now!!! This is extremely hard! But, the Lord quickly meets me and calms my anxiousness. He gives me hope that we will see him soon, he helps me to be patient in waiting, and helps me to remember to rely on him through prayer.
The Sixty Feet team said,
I am reassured in this that God cares about the little things, he wants to give good gifts to those he loves."Later in the day, two from our team went to another orphanage to visit a child that a family in Atlanta is adopting. The contrast with Mukisa was remarkable; loving care givers, a warm environment, toys for the kids. David was able to examine him (clean bill of health!) and Michael got some great footage for the family, which he shared with them last night."
God is showing me...literally showing me...that he is in control and he cares for Charles Tucker way more than I can ever care for him.
Yes...don't get me wrong I want to get on a plane and go see him right now!!! This is extremely hard! But, the Lord quickly meets me and calms my anxiousness. He gives me hope that we will see him soon, he helps me to be patient in waiting, and helps me to remember to rely on him through prayer.
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. – Romans 12:12
This is amazing Melissa!!!! TEARS! I am just so happy for you all---and so ready for him to be forever home!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that they got to go there and see him! And it is so great they got video for you! I know pictures are great, but video is so much more meaningful! I wish I could go back there and see all the precious babies again! And if I would have known you before I could have taken some video of your little one. :) And of course spent more time with him. That is so great that a doctor got to examine him!
ReplyDeleteJust curious what babies home you are adopting from. I spent some time at one in Kampala and would love to talk to you if that is the one. You can e-mail me at megster16@gmail.com
ReplyDelete