Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another disappointment...and my only true since of strength and comfort

Yesterday, our social worker told us we had not been matched with a judge yet, even though a group of families had been matched with judges and some even received court dates. She said our attorney was highly frustrated since he had repeatedly told the registrar that we needed to be first to get a court date before the other families he was working with. For some reason our papers were not at the top of the pile, so we got skipped. I have no idea why this is happening...this makes no since to me. Dee and I were highly discouraged and felt very cheated by the whole thing, and still do. I did not handle the news very well, but luckily my dad showed up to play with the kids, which gave me a couple of hours to realize what just happened and to graffle before the Lord. Lots of tears, lots of "whys", a run around the neighborhood, and a much needed shower helped me embrace where God has us once again. My "self" wants to blame someone for this mistake, but the Lord again reminds me that he is in control, he is writing the story, NOT ME. For some reason, our papers are not suppose to be at the right place at the right time, right now. As we continue to ride this rollercoaster, please pray that we would continue to get our strength from the only one who can truly provide it.

A "blog friend" Melissa has been in Uganda for 11 weeks trying to bring her baby Mercy home. Today they experienced another road block. The judge has refused to hear their case, for reasons unknown to them. Please pray that God would move mountains for this family...they are ready to come home. As I was reading her FB page today, several people had written encouraging post that truly encouraged me too. So I thought I would post some of them.

‎"My friends, adoption is redemption. It's costly, exhausting, expensive, and outrageous. Buying back lives costs so much. When God set out to redeem us, it killed Him." - Derek Loux

"God can make a way when there seems to be no way . . . With grace and strength for each new day, God can make a way, God can make a way." -unknown


"May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy and Peace as you Trust in Him, so that you may overflow with Hope by the Power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

And I leave you with Casting Crowns, "Praise you in the Storm"(remember to pause my music at the bottom of the page)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa. My heart is breaking for you as I read this. He will make a way. And He will bring Himself glory through it. I keep thinking about Jesus healing the man who was born blind. When the pharisees asked who had sinned to make him blind, Jesus said, "this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." I see that happening in all of you right now--and it's true of Charles Tucker, too! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely refining you! So hard! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a heartbreak. praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!