...Ugandan bound! Our neighbor David is graciously going to visit Charles Tucker during his week long trip to help the children of Mukisa. It is hard to believe we are not delievering these things ourselves, as we thought we would be there while he was there and we would be able to hang out together and maybe even stay at the same guest house, but this is not so. Sixty Feet is once again going to Uganda and we are still here waiting on our chance to love on orphans. Yes, I am a little jealous...can you tell?? Yes, and the Lord has us still here for a reason, of which we are not certain of...but, we are trusting in his sovereign plan. As I refocus off of myself for a second and realize what is important....How cool is Sixty Feet? This ministery was only started five months ago!!! Amazing!! It was started by a group of Atlantans who saw the desperate children of Uganda in need, living in horrific conditions. Go HERE to find out more information. It is so amazing to see the work of the Lord unfold! His work is what is truly worth living for, not my wanting something that is not his will....right now. I have to remember why we are going to Uganda in the first place. To help orphans and follow the Lord's call for the great commission. I can do this right now by praying for the Sixty Feet Team and the work the Lord is calling them to do...RIGHT NOW! I am preaching to myself right now, I need some refocusing!!
Well, as of last night I realized David was leaving in the morning to go to Uganda and he might possibly go visit Charles Tucker again. Remember he met him for the first time back in July, three weeks after we got our referral. He took pictures for us and sent us an amazing video of C.T. looking at the picture book we made him. I know, most of you have not seen those pictures or video because I cannot post those on this blog yet. Hopefully one day! If you would like to see some pictures, just email me, I would be happy to share, just as long as you keep them to yourself. Anyway, I decided it was time to give him the "bankey" I made him a couple of months ago, even though I wanted to give it to him myself. I read somewhere it is good for your newly adopted child to keep something that is familiar to them once they leave the orphanage. Maybe by the time we met him, he will be familiar with his new "bankey". As I write this post, the "bankey" is on its way to Amsterdam. Henry and I looked at his toys and decided to give him this Thomas the Train book and this little talking dump truck...which are things we were saving for him anyway. And Then we all made cards to send in the package.
They were both excited about taking a picture for him. Look how proud they are of their cards. My, we have come a long way in the picture posing department!! I need to appreciate these moments!
They were both a little jealous that C.T. was receiving this soft "bankey"...I told them not to worry, Kaki was sending them some of their very own she made last week, which I am so grateful for!! Thank you mom for all your hard work on those blankets!
Thank you David for bringing these gifts to our brother Charles Tucker!!!
***I just learned of a friend from college that just lost her 10 month old baby girl on Saturday. She died in her sleep. This is devastating news. Talk about perspective. The pain of this world is just too much. Come Lord Jesus Come! Please pray that she and her family will have unnatural strength from the Lord.
Melissa, I am still praying for you that Gods time would be right and that it would be soon!! Btw I would love to see pictures of Charles Tucker!! My email is thecuozzos@aol.com. It would be so precious to see the little face I am praying for. It would also be great to have your email address too so that we can keep in touch more!
ReplyDeleteI am also so grieved to hear about your friend. I cannot think of anything more devastating!
Love to you,
Naomi
Oh Melissa, I am so sorry that you're not giving those sweet, sweet gifts to precious CT in person. You will be there soon! And bless your dear friend -- we will pray!! You know my baby is 11 months. I cannot imagine...
ReplyDelete