Sunday, November 7, 2010

No Fear...for the Super Heroes are Here!

Our first stop on Halloween night was the Placheys house for a Halloween Party! Megan has become a special friend to me in the past year. She has been such an encouragement during all the adoption drama. Love you Megan!! Robin Hood Dominique who belongs to Megan, Batman Henry, and Spiderman James who belongs to Elisabeth over at Growing Home are ready to save the day!

These spooky cupcakes were delicious!

The kids love the pin the face on the pumpkin...
 Batman Henry and Spiderman James are tired of fitting the bad guys, they needed a break...

Supergirl Mary Taylor is taking over to defend the forces of evil...


Good work Supergirl Mary Taylor...someone has to defend Daddy and Nana...




Look at that leg...

Now its time for all the Marvel Super Heroes to join together to fight the bad guys..."Spiderman James you stand there" instructs Batman Henry. "Ok...I've got little spiderboy under control!" says Spiderman James.
Superman Sam and Robin Owen belong to the Vestals.


"Spiderboy is slipping out of my control!" says Spiderman James

"Don't take his clothes off Spiderman James!" says Batman Henry.

"I've got this under control!" says Spiderman James.

"See I told you I was in control!" says Spiderman James.

Robin Owen, Batman Henry, Superman Sam, Supergirl Mary Taylor, Spiderman James, and Spiderboy Drew are all ready for battle....

Oh look here come the butterfly princesses who need to be rescued from Mr. Freeze! Sweet little youngest Curly Girlie all ready for party...

The Oldest Curlie Girly not so sure about this...
 Oh miss oldest Curlie Girlie...we love you!!!

It was time to leave the party and head over to our neck of the woods for costumes at our neighborhood park. Then time to start trick or treating... This is baby Blair who is dressed as a lady bug...Isn't she a doll?

Our new special friends Lady bug Neema and Heath met us at the park just in time to go trick-or-treating. I have really enjoyed getting to know Heath first as a "blog friend" and now as a "real friend". She adopted Neema from Tanzania and has just returned to the States back in the spring. I was thrilled to finally meet her after following her adoption and life journey in Tanzania for six months. So glad they are staying in the states for a while to finalize Neema's adoption. Oh and Neema just turned 4 on Saturday! Happy Birthday Neema!! 

Super girl Mary Taylor and Lady bug Neema had the best time trick-or-treating with Mr. Dee pushing the "Trick-or-Treat Express" to every door! I don't blame them...do you?
 (iphone pictures)


Oh...there's cute little blair waiting for her mama to come back. Don't you just want to eat her up??
(iphone picture)

 Where was Henry this whole time? Well, he was four houses ahead of us with his trick-or-treat buddies Cheerleader Hannah and Batgirl Ryan. They literally ran from house to house. It was hard to keep up with them!

This is the third year we have trick-or-treated with Hannah and the second year with Ryan. We love our neighborhood buddies! They collected more candy than I have seen in a long time....yes, and I am paying for it in more ways than one! And I think that does it for Halloween 2010!

Here is a peek Halloween 2009...Henry was a marching band member...he was obsessed with any marching band...He called himself a "band member". Too funny! So we made Mary Taylor the little Majorette...she even had a baton, but Henry decided to make it into a sword...typical boy... 


***Today is Orphan Sunday. Did you know there are now 163 million orphans compared to last years 147 million orphans? We are hoping Charles Tucker will be one less orphan very soon! Who knows maybe this week will find out some good news?

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful children all around! When I see these pictures the words of "Jesus Loves the Little Children" keep going through my head. I pray that Charles Thomas will be in his costume with his siblings next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!