Thursday, August 5, 2010

Families connected through Uganda and a day at the pool

I never realized all the amazing people I would "meet" along this journey to Charles Tucker. I have had the privilege to connect to several families that are matched with the other babies at the babies home. I know of five families who are matched right now. Aly and Michelle have known their child's face for seven months. While Rachel and Sara have only been waiting a couple weeks. Once you have seen the face of the child God has for you, it is hard to wait any amount of time before you want to jump on a plane to bring him or her home. There are three other families, who I know of, who hope to get a referral with in the next couple of months from our babies home: Wendy, Jane, and Lauren.  What a blessing they have all been to me and an encouragement through the wait. Our families will forever be connected through our children in Uganda who lived the first part of their lives together at the babies home. I can't wait to finally meet these families in person and have many reunions once we are all home! Click on the names that are highlighted to follow their journeys.

Today we spent the morning at the pool with some special friends, the Gilberts, the Irwins, and the Placheys. The Gilberts are also in the middle of adopting from Uganda too, I mentioned that Jane is hoping to get a referral soon. We would love to travel with them if possible. The Irwins and the Placheys are dear friends that have supported and encouraged us along this adoption journey. What a fun day of catching up and staying cool in this southern heat.

Mary Taylor loved all the attention she was getting from Ellie.


She's always trying to get us to laugh...must be the second child fighting for attention.


Two of Henry's good buddies, James and Chad. (Dominick left before we could get him in the picture)

These boys play hard in the water...Henry was so worn out that he took a nap...maybe we should do this everyday...

Don't for get "happy go lucky" Drew, James' baby brother.

*Only 10 more days until the courts reopen!! Hopefully things will start moving!

1 comment:

  1. Praying!! So glad you are meeting families that share your heart along your beautiful journey to Charles Tucker!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!