Thursday, August 26, 2010

Praise God...there is movement in Uganda!

I had a non internet day today...my mind and spirit are in need of a detox! But, by 5:00 p.m. today I just had to check for any updates! I checked my email first to learn that the first family who received a referral back in February has now received a court date as of September 24th! This is amazing news!!! Now our lawyer will file our papers and we will hopefully hear of a court date sometime after that! Then I went on facebook and a couple blogs...I learned that two more families matched with children from our babies home, also have court dates a couple days before this other family. We all have the same Ugandan lawyer advocating for us, so this means he managed to get three court dates all at once...who knows, there might be others too. We are so encouraged by this news! Our spirits have definitely been lifted today! The Lord's heart is for the orphan to have a home! We have hope that the end is near!! I know we have a couple more families in front of us, not sure how many, but we are thrilled things are MOVING along!! Praise God these children will soon have families loving on them! Charles Tucker, Henry and Mary Taylor can't wait to play with you!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! This is great news!! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been ON CLOUD NINE ever since getting this news today! Who is the family who got their referral first & will have a court date on the 24th? Do they have a public blog? I'm only aware of the families with 9/17 court dates, and would love to follow the first family's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news for you! Oh the waiting is so hard whatever it is we are waiting for. I am realising more and more that there is always something to wait for. We are still waiting to move into a rental we found over a month ago. We have been told that we cannot move in for at least another two weeks possibly longer. (We were supposed to move on the 23rd). However we do see the Lord's hand in this because on Tuesday 24th, I went to my OB for an appt. for the baby and discovered that the baby had died. I am 18 weeks today. We are devastated but have peace in this difficult time. So now I am waiting to miscarry naturally. Oh the work the Lord is doing in my heart and I pray that He leaves His imprints all over those areas in my heart which I have not allowed Him before.

    Blessings and love to you and I hope that you hear news of your court date soon so that you can go and meet your sweet boy!!!

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!