Sunday, August 1, 2010

Saying Goodbye to the Ashbys

This past week, our church said goodbye to the Ashbys. After three years in Atlanta, God is calling this precious family back to Houston, TX. Their family was an integral part of our church and we loved them dearly. They will definitely be missed! I feel so privileged for our paths to have crossed on this journey called life. I hope to continue to support and love them from afar by praying. Oh what neat things God is doing and is going to do in their lives as he leads them back home. Life is never boring when you are following Christ. It is definitely an adventure...and an exciting one at that, but never easy...especially when you watch precious friends go.

This was probably the first time I ever had to explain to Henry that someone he knows is leaving and we'll probably not see her for a long time. A very strange concept for a almost four year old. Rachel has been his friend since he was one, as far as he knows, he has always known her. He did not quite understand what I was saying, he kept asking, "When is she coming back from Texas?" He was a little upset realizing one of his two "girl friends" was leaving him.

This past week...we saw them at church for the last time...we spent one last night at Katie's house hanging out with just the girls...one last playdate at the park for Rachel's fourth birthday...and one last goodbye at their house the day they left. Here are some pictures from Rachel's birthday celebration at the park.

We all sang Happy Birthday to Rachel...


 Katie and Rachel...


 And I had to throw one in here of Mary Taylor performing with Henry's sunglasses on...she loves for people to laugh at her...

 Katie with all the moms that will miss her dearly...
 

We love you Ashbys!!!

*It's August 1st, 14 more days until the courts open back up! Hopefully our case will soon be filed with the courts and then we will be able to get a court date to travel. Hoping for end of Sept. or early Oct., but realizing it could be longer. )= Charles Tucker...believe me I am trying!

1 comment:

  1. As sad as y'all are to lose them, so many here are thrilled to get them back!

    I didn't realize you were so close to travel - so exciting. Prayers it is soooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!