Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two Months

It is hard to believe two months has past since seeing C.T.'s face! We learned today that our papers have not been filed, even though they were supposed to be filed last Monday, but our lawyer says they will be filed by the end of the week.  This really left us discouraged. Also, since August 16th when the courts reopened...nothing has happened...no one has received a court date...no movement. This often makes me think... "What's wrong with the Ugandan courts? Why is this happening to us? We are excited about adopting and bringing this child into our family...you would think this is what God wants? Why is this taking so long? Will C.T. ever be in our family? Because we are passionate about this...it won't happen." These were our thoughts tonight. We were taking our circumstances into our own hands. We were not believing that God loves us and wants what's best for us. It is really easy to get frustrated and angry, trying to find someone to blame, but the Lord reminds us that it is still not the right time...it is not time to get C. T....it is not time to hold him in our arms. Yes, the best place for an orphan is to be in a family who loves and cares for him or her, but God's ways are never what everyone else thinks is best. "Oh, he has to be in our family before Christmas... the books say it is not good for a child to go that long without a family..." God is weaving a much bigger story than we can see or imagine.

For some reason we are not ready to receive him into our family and C.T. is not ready to join our family. I can only trust that God's story is so much grander than any story I could ever write.
 Even though our family has been through waves of emotions...we continue to hold on to the hope that we will hold him in our arms one day. God is good and he is giving us the grace and peace to help us to trust in his timing.


For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
   it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
    it will surely come; it will not delay.
Habakkuk 2:3

I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in him. Isaiah 8:17

5 comments:

  1. I was just thinking I should find a verse for you, but it looks like you have already done that! And you have some great truths stated in your post! God knows when the best time for you to go get C.T. and though it may be sooooo hard to trust him, it will be better for everyone in the long run. I do have a song to suggest though. It's called "While I'm Waiting", you may have heard it before, but it seems like it would really be an encouragement for families in the adoption process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that your time of abiding will be blessed. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If it seems slow, wait for it" -- I love that. Don't know if I'd ever paid attention to that verse before, but I'm about to do some clinging to it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love these verses! Thanks for sharing! I am going to have to claim those as I am trying to patiently wait for our social worker to write our home study...so we can get on that wait list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be so frustrating. Praying for your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!