Monday, August 9, 2010

Going to the beach...

Yesterday we had Henry's 4th birthday party at our park down the street from our house. We celebrated his birthday early...he does not turn four until August 19th. I wanted to go ahead and have it early so the rest of the month could be focused on checking things off my list to go to Uganda. Hopefully we will get a court date sooner than later...if it happens later at least we will be really prepared...it doesn't hurt to be ahead of the game. On Saturday afternoon Henry celebrated by having a pirate party...more to come when I get all the pictures that my wonderful friends took for me. Can't wait to see them!

After a long day yesterday, my mother and I got up, packed the car, and headed to the beach with Henry and Mary Taylor in tow! We were hoping to leave by 9:00 a.m., but we didn't make it on the road until 12:00 p.m. But, believe me...we were prepared for the six hour drive to the ocean! After an hour we stopped at Burger King. Henry was excited considering he had never eaten there before, we are strictly a "Chick-fila family", but it is not opened on Sundays. I was actually impressed...Burger King was really yummy...a lot better than I remembered...and a lot of fun!

Remember the Burger King crowns from our childhood? Those were the best...

(taken with iphone)

Henry loved the prizes...I think their names are Lou and Kitty Galore...how funny?
(taken with iphone)

"Kiss Kitty Galore, Kak-kak" (Kaki-my mom)...she's such a good sport...
(taken with iphone)

After five stops, three movies, several screams, no naps, a head ache, a diet coke and eight hours later...we made it to the beach.

My dad met us at a restaurant because he arrived the day before. He was kind enough to allow my mom drive over to help me with the pirate party and the drive to the beach. I would not have made it with out her! Thank you Mom!

Mary Taylor is thrilled to see T.T.


Both kids ran and jumped in his arms...they love their T.J...



(I love this picture...but a little blurry..I think I forgot to hold the button down before I took it)

Look at this giant mushroom we found in the grass...

Thank you the most to my grandmother for renting the beach house we are staying in, it is so nice. When my grandmother arrived, she walked in with this locust or a katydid on her purse. Who knows what it was, but it sure was cool looking...

Oh the beach! It is such a good way to relax and get away for a while...to have a change of scenery and spend time with family. I am excited about all the adult attention the only two grandchildren will receive. I better enjoy it, because my brother's wife, Kelly is expecting a baby boy in December. 

Poor Dee has to work...he has to save up days to go to Uganda...obviously he thinks it's worth it. A little bit of pain, for a lot of gain. Charles Tucker we can't wait to be your parents!

It think it's time to go to bed, my diet coke is finally wearing off..at least a little bit!


1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time at the party and my girlies keep pretending to be pirates! Hope you have a wonderful time at the beach. Enjoy your rest & relaxation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!