Saturday, August 21, 2010

We celebrated two days in a row!

What did we do on Henry's big day? If we have not had enough action around here lately...we had a fun filled day of going to Richards to pick out a toy, lunch at Johnny Rockets, and Henry had a great night out at the Falcons Game with Daddy, T.J., Uncle Nathan, and Uncle Matt. Yes, it was quite the day and he stayed up way too late....we still paying for it!

Henry started off his day with opening his gift from Kaki, which he had been anticipating...

A Batman costume...

and a Superman costume...

He has already been planning his 5 year old Super Hero birthday party for next year!

Johnny Rockets is such a great place to go for a birthday, very kid friendly with hats to color, the mini juke box to play with, the load music, burgers, fries, milkshakes, and a free happy birthday son with a birthday sunday!! He was not so sure about the waitresses and waiters who were singing "Happy Birthday" to him. I think he was a little embarrassed.
 (iphone)

 Considering how picking Mary Taylor is, she thoroughly enjoyed her food. This was M.T.'s kind a place, especially the music, perfect place to show some of her dancing moves.
(iphone)

(iphone)

Now here we go, I finally figured out how to get videos on here. My first video debut of Mary Taylor breaking it down to "Do the Locomotion" outside of Johnny Rockets. Excuse my terrible dancing.

(pause the music at the bottom of the page)



After they both took super long naps, it was time for Henry to head out for his big night on the town at the Falcons game. He just had to wear his superman cape!
(phone picture)

August 19th was Henry's birthday and my birthday landed on the next day, August 20th. I love that I share a birthday close to him because my birthday gets smooched in with his...I don't have to think about how much older I am getting. I like to consider myself 28, the age I was when he was born. It works nicely. HaHa! And usually after his big day I am exhausted...all I want to do is stay home and just hang out. August is always such a busy month for us...always trying to catch my breath. So on my birthday, we did just that...stayed home!

Kaki also decided to get Mary Taylor a present, so she could match her big brother. Can you guess what it was?...Yes, you guessed it...a super women costume!!

We had so much fun playing around the house in these....

(iphone)

We finally made it out of the house for dinner so we could eat at Chilies and have my favorite dessert in all of the world. And believe me, I have tried every brownie sunday at every fancy restaurant....this is still by far the best!...The Multon Chocolate Lava Cake....


 

The birthdays don't stop here! We have six extended family members who have birthdays in September, including precious Charles Tucker!!

7 comments:

  1. Haha! I LOVE the picture of them both in Superman/Superwoman costumes, and M.T.'s expression in it is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the costumes!!!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little superhero at my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is like seeing my boys birthdays all over again, seeing your pictures!! My boys still love to dress up!! What a great time he had! So many memories he made, he will never forget this birthday!!

    Happy Birthday Henry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S Happy Birthday to you too Melissa!!!! Where are your pictures!! You should have dressed up with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw the video of M.T. dancing. She is so cute. It looks just like L.K. We are going to have to get them to dance together. It will be so funny!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. HILARIOUS!!!!!! Loved the video of MT kicking that leg up...and the wonderwoman outfit...too cute!!!! Can't wait to see you all on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging words!