Bright and early Monday morning, Dan, Judd, and I with the three kidos arrived at the U.S. Embassy with all of our papers to get our visas. We were both ready to go home after spending Christmas away from our families. We were grateful for our time in Uganda to bond with our new children, but we both felt it was time to go home and be united with our families. Dan's visa appointment was scheduled for 2:00 p.m. that afternoon, but my lawyer failed to give me all the papers I needed for Charles Tucker's visa. So my appointment was scheduled for two days later, on Wednesday. I was a little disappointed, but knew I would not be ready to leave as soon as Dan, I had some last minute shopping to do and many people to say goodbye to. Dan is a Ugandan regular with Sixty Feet...he will probably be back in the spring, but I don't plan on coming back for at least 10 years!
One wonderful thing about the blog world and adoptions is you get to "meet" famlies who are also in the process of adopting, especially ones who are adopting from the same country you are. Well, this one family I have been able to "meet" has five children already and they are in the process of adopting a little girl from Uganda, named "MI". I had the privilage of delivering a picture album and food and getting a chance to visit with her and her aunt who takes care of her until her new family can get a court date and travel to Uganda.
"MI" is in a different situation than all the babies at our babies home, because of certain circumstances, so a pastor of a local Ugandan church drove us out to meet her. On the way to her house we went by another relative of this little girl who lives in the slums. This was an experience. Most of the families who live in the slums live ontop of one another in a 10x12 room with 8 other people. They have no toilets in their houses, they are forced to pay 200 shillings to use the local toilet, or hole in the ground used by hundreds of other people. Many diseases and illnesses are transmitted in the slums, it is not a healthy place to live. The pastor was very glad to get "MI" out of this house and into a better home in the countryside with her aunt.
This is one of "MI" 's relatives who was very excited to meet us...
Then it was time to get back in the car and head toward "MI" 's house 45 minutes outside of Kampala, in an area this pastor called "the country side", which seemed more like the Ugandan suburbs to me.
It was a beautiful area....

When we got there, "MI" was scared to death of me, because she probably has never seen a "Muzungu" before...so I kept my distance.
"MI" was so cute and so tiny, I wish I could show you her cute face, but I need to protect her until she is safely in her families arms...
One of "MI" 's 12 year old cousin was there to interpret for us. And she was really interested in my camera, so I let her take some pictures. Some of them actually turned out ok!!
Along with caring for "MI", her aunt also cares for an elderly women, who they live with. This older lady was very interested in her house guests, so she welcomed us into her house to show us pictures of her family and insisted on us taking her picture...

"MI" finally let me hold her and take a picture, but look who wasn't too happy...
We visited about an hour and half. "MI"'s aunt was so grateful for us and she wanted to know when we were coming back, but I told her we were going home to America, but "MI"'s new mother would be here soon. I told her aunt that "MI" has an amazing family and who loves her very much, who can't wait to meet her. I told her Charles Tucker and "MI" would only live two hours away and they would see one another throughout their lives. She was excited about that! We then gave her the food and diapers and said our goodbyes. "MI" was pretty content in my arms by then.
What an amazing experience to meet a child who will be in a wonderful, godly family in only a few short weeks, Lord willing...Thank you for allowing me to meet your precious child. What a blessing she is to your family and what blessings you will be to her. So neat to be apart of what the Lord is doing!!! Can't wait for you to meet her yourself!!!
One wonderful thing about the blog world and adoptions is you get to "meet" famlies who are also in the process of adopting, especially ones who are adopting from the same country you are. Well, this one family I have been able to "meet" has five children already and they are in the process of adopting a little girl from Uganda, named "MI". I had the privilage of delivering a picture album and food and getting a chance to visit with her and her aunt who takes care of her until her new family can get a court date and travel to Uganda.
"MI" is in a different situation than all the babies at our babies home, because of certain circumstances, so a pastor of a local Ugandan church drove us out to meet her. On the way to her house we went by another relative of this little girl who lives in the slums. This was an experience. Most of the families who live in the slums live ontop of one another in a 10x12 room with 8 other people. They have no toilets in their houses, they are forced to pay 200 shillings to use the local toilet, or hole in the ground used by hundreds of other people. Many diseases and illnesses are transmitted in the slums, it is not a healthy place to live. The pastor was very glad to get "MI" out of this house and into a better home in the countryside with her aunt.
This is one of "MI" 's relatives who was very excited to meet us...
Then it was time to get back in the car and head toward "MI" 's house 45 minutes outside of Kampala, in an area this pastor called "the country side", which seemed more like the Ugandan suburbs to me.
It was a beautiful area....
When we got there, "MI" was scared to death of me, because she probably has never seen a "Muzungu" before...so I kept my distance.
"MI" was so cute and so tiny, I wish I could show you her cute face, but I need to protect her until she is safely in her families arms...
One of "MI" 's 12 year old cousin was there to interpret for us. And she was really interested in my camera, so I let her take some pictures. Some of them actually turned out ok!!
Along with caring for "MI", her aunt also cares for an elderly women, who they live with. This older lady was very interested in her house guests, so she welcomed us into her house to show us pictures of her family and insisted on us taking her picture...
"MI" finally let me hold her and take a picture, but look who wasn't too happy...
We visited about an hour and half. "MI"'s aunt was so grateful for us and she wanted to know when we were coming back, but I told her we were going home to America, but "MI"'s new mother would be here soon. I told her aunt that "MI" has an amazing family and who loves her very much, who can't wait to meet her. I told her Charles Tucker and "MI" would only live two hours away and they would see one another throughout their lives. She was excited about that! We then gave her the food and diapers and said our goodbyes. "MI" was pretty content in my arms by then.
What an amazing experience to meet a child who will be in a wonderful, godly family in only a few short weeks, Lord willing...Thank you for allowing me to meet your precious child. What a blessing she is to your family and what blessings you will be to her. So neat to be apart of what the Lord is doing!!! Can't wait for you to meet her yourself!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your encouraging words!