Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ggaba Community Church experience and more visits with the babies...

 A couple days later, Dee was still feeling really bad, so I took all three kids to visit the local church. I had no idea how brave I was to take on three children in Uganda for the morning. So fun to take Charles Tucker to church with us...he looked so cute in his collard shirt and gingham shorts, which were too big for him.

Church had already started when we got there. The people were dancing and singing and praising God. It was really neat...Henry wasn't so sure about it, he kept saying, "It's too loud!" while he covered his ears. Once the people sat down, Henry and Mary Taylor started arguing and acting up, so I decided to take Henry to the children's church..he was excited to go. I was glad Agnus sat with us so she could help me with the other two. Then about 30 minutes later, after Mary Taylor made as much noise as she could, Henry came back to join us and continued to cause problems, so I decided to take us all outside to play with the children standing outside the church waiting for their parents. That's when the craziness, got crazier..

About fifty children instantly surrounded us...Henry thought it was great and instantly made friends with them all. He asked the boys to have a race on the street and all the kids loved it. Me on the other hand had Charles Tucker who was still overwhelmed by his new environment and Mary Taylor who was trying to crawl inside of me, becasue she was scared of all the little girls who wanted to touch her. So I had a backpack on my back, and two toddlers on either hip, while trying to make sure Henry behaves and doesn't run away. Then he asked if he could run behind the building with his new older Ugandan friends, I said, "no..", but off he ran. And of course I followed him... And this is what they proceeded to do...

Yes, he got the kids to fight with him...they all thought it was hilarious and Henry was having the time of his life! You would think I was worried that they would hurt him, considering many of the children were quite older than him, but, no I was afraid he would hurt one of them...Yes, Henry is a four year old who thinks he is ten! He has never met a stranger...

And I managed to get some pictures while I set Charles Tucker down for a second...


He is loving every minute of this...

Two sisters watching these crazy boys fight...

A view from the back of the church...Lake Victoria...


After about ten minutes, church was over and I found a place to put both babies down. Boy, was I exhausted...Being in Uganda with three kids by myself is a killer...So glad Dee started feeling better a little while after church...

We had lunch back at the guest house and then our driver David took Charles Tucker, Mary Taylor, and I back to Loving Hearts for the afternoon. Henry stayed with daddy, so I could have a break...

Mary Taylor and Charles Tucker were so cute together as they ate snacks together, while all the other toddlers were taking a nap.

Charles Tucker drank about two bottles of water...I don't think he put this green water bottle down all day. He called it, "wata botta"...

My little twins...

After our snack, I let the twins watch a short movie on my iphone. Charles Tucker was intriged, I am sure it was one of his first times to see a movie...

Once the toddlers woke up from their naps we managed to get a picture of them all together...Baby "A" was not happy being set down, while the rest of them sat for about 30 seconds, pretty good for 1 and 2 year olds...

A couple hours later, Daddy and Henry walked up to the babies home to see us. Look who was excited to see his "daddy"...

This melts my heart...

Daddy definitely has his hands full a lot...

**Once again it was hard to leave him that night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging words!