To get out into the city of Kampala means you will be in a "jam", as the Ugandan's would say, the worst I have ever seen...and I am from Atlanta...
And children are not required to sit in car seats...fun times! (:
It takes about 30min. to 1 hour to get to Garden City Mall. But, this is the best place to find all your necessities. The prices are more than you would find on the streets, but you will not have to search around, hoping to find a pack'n'play or a small table and chairs. They also have more varieties of fruits and vegetables....and when you bring your two and four year old to Africa, you have to have what they will eat or they will live off of fruit bars and macaroni and cheese all day.
This is what you will pass on the way there...
This is the president of Uganda right now....
But, in February, they will be having an election, so the country is in the middle of campaigning. Today, we got behind a campaigning truck full of people talking "Lugandan" from a loud speaker. "Lugandan" is the native language. I have to admit it was annoying because we could not go around it and I could not understand one word they said..
You will pass chickens...
"Friendship" is a very large company that makes everything from plastic chairs...to shoes in Uganda...
This is the capital of Ugandan...Kampala...
And then we finally get to Garden City Mall...
After lunch, we played on the fun playground ontop of the mall. Mary Taylor found a friend....
And we all know Henry did too! He joined right in the "kick the cap" game and instantly made friends...
At one point I overheard him saying..."You have dark skin and I have light skin..." Oh goodness...what is he going to say next! I wasn't sure if I should be proud of this conversation or pull him away before he says something really offensive. We have been so open with Henry about everything...not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing???
These two boys were so cute...Henry was sad we had to go..
Then we had to get some last minute things to get ready for Charles Tucker's home coming tomorrow, but we got distracted by the two foot long soap...How cool are those?
After we ate lunch at the mall we travel back to Loving Hearts Baby Home for Charles Tucker's last day there. He was a little upset after waking up from his nap...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your encouraging words!